About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time, 12 month parental leave replacement contract, based at Cranbourne
- Establish, expand or transfer your social work skills
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join the team based at our Cranbourne office. The position is full time, maximum term to 29 January 2021 (parental leave replacement position).
The Family Services program:
- Aims to support families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being
- Respond to referrals from Child FIRST
- Provides home based supports through assertive outreach
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in a variety of settings
- Review with your supervisor plans to support a family’s goals
- Consult with Child Protection
- Support families to achieve realistic goal plans
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in Reflective Practice meetings
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in your covering letter:
- Summarise your knowledge and use of the Child Youth & Family Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Describe examples of how you have actively engaged families
- Describe examples of how you have assessed risk to families
- Describe examples of how you have supported parenting
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.