About the role
To strengthen the skills and knowledge base of the existing board, our Board is seeking expressions of interest for a number of Director positions to commence in 2019/2020. These positions are voluntary Director appointments, with our Board meeting quarterly at our Head Office or AICD, which is based in Sydney, New South Wales.
Board members are responsible for ensuring governance and oversight of the services’ legal and financial accountability and statutory requirements, as well as compliance with funding deed requirements.
The Connecting Families Board is a skills-based Board. The skills and attributes required of directors can be broadly categorised into 3 areas:
- Professional Director Skills
- Industry Specific Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
Connecting Families aims to achieve a balanced Board with a diverse range of skills and attributes so applications will be considered within the context of the current Board skills matrix. The Connecting Families Board is keen to appoint skilled and experienced professionals on the committees of the board to assist in strengthening its role and functioning.
What Connecting Families needs from you:
Whilst appointments to the Board are based upon merit, the Board as a whole aims to encompass diversity in experience, skills and perspectives.
Expressions of interest will be shortlisted based on knowledge, expertise and experience in a range of the following areas:
- Business Management (IT / WHS / HR / P&L)
- Disability Sector Governance & Reforms
- Financial management / Accounting / Investment
- Legal / Governance / Compliance
- Property Development and/or Property Management
- Primary Health Care and Aged/Disability Care/Child Protection and Out of Home Care
- Key stakeholder relationships and management (including government and community)
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours commensurate with performance requirements for company directors along with commitment to sound governance practices
- Experienced Directors that are inclusive, strategic and familiar with board processes
Candidates wishing to develop skills as a company director may also be considered.
- AICD or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
About the organisation
Connecting Families is a for purpose community service organisation that is accredited with the Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) to provide Voluntary Out of Home Care (VOOHC). Further to this Connecting Families is a Third Party Verified NDIS provider and a member of the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies. We believe that our support services will increase the quality of life and experiences for the wider community. Connecting families has a person centred and trauma informed approach to care. Connecting Families works in partnership with state and federal social services agencies to provide care and support to families in urban, rural and remote locations. For further information about great things we do, please visit our website: https://connectingfamilies.com.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Independent Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.