About the role
The Assisting Communities through Direct Connection (ACDC) Project is a new initiative, funded through an Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) grant from the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) grant. CMHA is looking to build innovative ways to increase the independence, social and community participation of people who live with a psychosocial disability who are not accessing services. This is a pilot project that will be trialled in all Australian states and territories, and will include partnerships, training and safe door to door services and resources.
CMHA is currently recruiting all roles to deliver and value add to the project.
ILC is about ensuring communities become more accessible and inclusive of people living with a disability. Further information is at https://www.ndis.gov.au/community/information-linkages-and-capacity-building-ilc
CMHA is seeking a motivated individual with a minimum 5 years’ experience in health or mental health education and training, developing educational materials and engagement processes (including online).
As the National Education Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Co-design training and materials: in collaboration with the Partnerships and Engagement Manager and Community Working Groups
- Facilitate training: to relevant stakeholders in each site for the three rounds of the project
- Quality improvement: is a key component of the project and will partly be achieved through the establishment of a QI cycle for training and education components throughout the project
- Collaborate: with all team member across all areas of the project implementation and evaluation
This is a Full-Time contract position commencing March 2020 through to project completion in November 2022. CMHA is open to the position being 4 days per week for the right candidate.
CMHA are seeking an experienced individual who has demonstrated project experience; excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to ‘innovatively think on their feet and outside the box’; multi-task priorities with exceptional planning and organisation skills; a high level of self-motivation and attention to detail. You need to be able to work independently and contribute to the team.
Some interstate travel will be required for this role.
If this sounds like you then apply today by sending your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria below.
- Education/Training qualification. Relevant qualifications in Health/Mental Health Education. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health or mental health education and training, developing educational materials and engagement processes, including online resources. An equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education and training will be considered.
- Design and Development of Training Materials. Demonstrated experience designing high quality competency-based training and information materials
- Development of Online Materials. Experience developing online learning experiences, information materials and surveys
- Provision of Education and Training. Demonstrated experience conducting and assessing training programs
- Evaluation and Quality Improvement. Demonstrated experience reviewing and improving educational materials using evaluation and feedback systems
- Mental Health. Minimum of 2 years relevant Mental Health experience. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues in mental health services and the mental health community sector in Australia
- Communication. Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills
- Valuing diverse communities and contributions. Demonstrated understanding and valuing of the contemporary roles of people with lived experience of mental illness, their families and carers in the mental health sector; the value and roles of government, the contribution of research and education, and the range of diverse services and service providers in the community
- Data literacy. Experience with data collection and development.
- Mental Health Outcome measures and Toolkits. Knowledge of outcome measures for people experiencing a mental health issue and mental health toolkits
- Marketing and social media. Demonstrated experience with a wide range of technology and ability to implement different methods to meet the needs of organisation, stakeholder and community expectations.
Job benefits and perks
Remuneration packaging includes base salary of $110k, plus super guarantee contribution, FBT salary packaging and entertainment benefits available.
CMHA offers a flexible working environment.
Office located in Northern Sydney area near public transport
About the organisation
Community Mental Health Australia (CMHA) is a coalition of eight peak community mental health organisations from each State and Territory and was established to provide leadership and direction to promote the importance and benefits of community mental health and recovery services across Australia. CMHA provides a unified voice for over 800 community-based, non-government organisations who work with mental health consumers and carers across the nation and who are members of, or affiliated with, the various coalition members. Further information is at https://cmha.org.au/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Education Manager via Pro Bono Australia.