About the role
YOUR NEW ROLE
Based in St Kilda, this parental leave replacement role is anticipated to be 12 months.
Sacred Heart Central Support Services is a safe and welcoming engagement hub for people seeking support for a range of issues, primarily homelessness or at risk. People can access information and assistance with housing, drug and alcohol concerns, physical and mental health needs, employment and legal support. Case management can be provided along with referral to specialist services. Breakfast and lunch are provided, and a duty system, laundry and shower facilities and other social activities are available.
Working full-time, you will be responsible for the coordination of the engagement hub and the support and case management program. You will supervise and support the team in their work of assisting people who access the program to achieve goals that they identify in their lives.
A typical shift will have you supporting the Central Support Services team in the provision of information, support, and case management to people who access the program and oversight of engagement hub activities as a place of welcome.
You will always have a varied day with supporting staff, overseeing the needs of the engagement hub such as keeping maintenance requests on track and managing the budget and daily spending for the program.
You will have ample opportunities to keep in touch with what is happening on a broader level at Sacred Heart Mission and then communicating this to the team. The Central Support Service team environment values your leadership skills and your openness to having some fun while supporting clients achieve identified outcomes
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM COORDINATOR TO JOIN OUR TEAM WHO IS:
- Experienced in leading a team and committed to the goal of supporting people exit homelessness
- Working to establish a safe and welcoming environment for people who access the engagement hub and for staff
- Appropriate degree qualification relevant to the delivery of community services e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Committed to leading a strength’s based, trauma informed and culturally responsive practice framework
- Experienced in provision of quality supervision, mentoring and debriefing to staff
- Dedicated to a positive team culture with strong interpersonal skills
- Prepared to provide timely solution focused responses to matters that arise during the day
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Being part of a dedicated team who are highly motivated to support clients experiencing homelessness secure housing/ stay housed and achieve their identified goals
- Joining a positive team culture made up of staff who have a strong work ethic but also know how to have a laugh and fun together
- Being in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport and restaurants
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Participating in in-house training and regular supervision
- Ending your work hours knowing you’ve contributed to making a difference
About the organisation
YOUR FUTURE WORKPLACE
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply for this role
COME AND WORK WITH US
To join our team, simply 'Apply Now' and enter your details.
For more information about the role, contact Rob Kosic, Acting Program Manager Sacred Heart Central on (03) 9537 1166.
Closing date for applications: 9 am, Monday 2 March 2020
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life.All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Please quote in application: Acting Program Coordinator – Homelessness Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.