About the role
First Step is looking for an exceptional Family Therapist to join the amazing ResetLife team in the delivery of an abstinence-based treatment program for clients ready to take their recovery to the next level.
This comprehensive psycho-education program offers the opportunity to add an exciting treatment modality to your career portfolio. The right person for this role will have an attitude of unconditional positive regard for both co-workers and clients, an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be excited to develop new skills and inspired by the opportunity to deliver a new treatment option to clients. Most importantly you will thrive on working in a genuinely collaborative setting both within the Reset Team and within First Step itself.
This is a rare opportunity to work alongside the highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step including: doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
About the organisation
First Step is an addiction & mental health outpatient clinic that has been operating in the City of Port Phillip for nearly 20 years. Our whole-of-person treatment philosophy seeks to support clients in as many areas of their lives as possible including their physical, mental and social wellbeing. We strive to be highly accessible, providing services free of charge and without referral for our cohort, many of whom have highly complex histories that may include out of home care, early school leaving, abuse and neglect.
The First Step family of practitioners extends to GPs, hepatitis C specialists, mental health nurses, drug and alcohol workers, psychologists, care coordinators, caseworkers, educators psychiatrists and lawyers (criminal & family violence). Clients are managed by a team of practitioners based on the needs of each individual.
At First Step we believe that everybody deserves every chance to turn their life around.
For a full Position Description see attached
For more information about First Step please go to https://www.firststep.org.au
How to apply for this role
This role is offered on a part time contract basis (12 months) EFT 0.5
Competitive salary sacrificing benefits apply
Applications should be emailed to:
REF: RSL/Family Therapist via ProBono Australia
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (see below)
- Up to date CV
- Details of 2 professional referees
Key Selection Criteria:
- Outline your qualifications and experience in working with complex family systems, psychological & group therapies (refer Position Description)
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the physiology of addiction (refer Position Description)
- Compare and contrast your values with those of First Step (as you understand them to be)
- Articulate your ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team. Describe your ability to move between different treatment modalities (addiction medicine).
- Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion.
- Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals
Note: First Step is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor.
Please quote in application: Family Therapist – ResetLife via Pro Bono Australia.