About the role
Fundraising Manager – The Humour Foundation Location: Pymble, NSW www.humourfoundation.org.au “You guys are the happy place. You are the laughter, you are the joy, you are the ones in the bright colours with the joyous smiles. You are the Laughter that we want to give to our children when we are out of laughter.” Chris (parent) Here at The Humour Foundation we have a vision to bring laughter where it is unexpected but most needed. We do this through our Clown Doctor program to children in hospitals and our Elder Clowns program in aged care facilities for those living with dementia.
Our medical clowns are highly trained, professional performers who spread ‘doses’ of fun and laughter throughout the hospital, working to uplift sick kids. The Humour Foundation are recruiting for the role of Fundraising Manager a position which reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the executive team. This role is an exceptional opportunity to join one of Australia’s best loved charities and influence how we grow over the next few years. The Fundraising Manager at The Humour Foundation is responsible for raising revenue from donations from the public and business. We receive no government funding and whilst we receive some fee for service income you will be responsible for raising 93% of our income.
We are growing as demand for our Clown Doctor and Elder Clowns services increases so you will be responsible for delivering year on year revenue growth and of course have responsibility for the annual fundraising budget. This role is a chance to shape the fundraising team and influence the growth of the organisation over the next few years and, as such, we are looking for an experienced individual with a strong background in individual giving, philanthropic giving, community fundraising; you will be someone focused on maximising fundraising ROI to the organisation so we can get the best outcomes and impact for our beneficiaries. In addition to being an outstanding fundraiser you will have strong strategic and financial skills making you a well-rounded fundraising professional. Who are we looking for? If the points below reflect you, then we would love to hear from you:
- Firstly, you are a fundraiser who thrives in an environment of fundraising growth – you want to raise money!
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a fundraiser and have held at least one leadership role in your career so far
- You must have the numerical skills to write and manage the annual fundraising budget
- You will have managed multi-channel budgets previously in your career
- You are able to demonstrate a combination of initiative and problem solving in your previous roles that have materially benefited your organisation
- You will have held a minimum of one leadership role within a fundraising portfolio
- You have experience of multi-channel fundraising
- Experience managing agencies and contract management
- You will be proficient in donor acquisition, retention and development
- You have a logical and pragmatic approach to your fundraising and will not easily be blown off course
- You can write and stick to a well-prepared fundraising plan
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.