About the role
- Be part of an entrepreneurial team creating a lasting impact for remote Aboriginal communities
- Travel to supported remote communities included (minimum 1 trip/year)
- Varied role with scope to explore new sectors and develop compelling marketing strategies in partnership with remote communities
- We welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing and Brand Business Partner will be responsible for leading and overseeing the implementation of strategic marketing across ELP and it’s community enterprise partners to support efforts in raising funds, generating revenue, reaching customers and building profile.
Major responsibilities include developing marketing strategy and operation plans, developing clear brand voices in partnership with communities and the enterprises we support, identifying creative solutions to resource and implement marketing programs and upskilling community enterprises to deliver on marketing priorities.
In collaboration with indigenous communities, the Marketing and Brand Business Partner will identify prospective markets and trends, support brands to leverage opportunities, and build a compelling brand presence that serves to enable businesses to succeed in attracting and servicing their customers.
You will have experience at a strategic management level within either a non-profit or corporate environment, combined with a passion for entrepreneurship, and the ability to develop and deliver on strategic marketing initiatives. You are accountable to the performance of your marketing concepts, and recognise the importance of connecting community and customer to ultimately improve the performance of ELP and our community enterprises.
Key Selection Criteria
- Interest, passion and experience working in and with Indigenous communities;
- Entrepreneurial experience founding and/or running small businesses;
- Demonstrated track-record working in under-resourced environments
- Interest in diverse business sectors (spanning fashion, tourism, creative arts, digital industries, community empowerment, gender empowerment, technology and more)
- Strong networks and ability to connect entrepreneurs and teams in with relevant partners and collaborators;
- Exceptional capabilities in marketing strategy, band development and marketing analysis;
- Solid business skills, management, budgeting and analysis;
- Team player who is comfortable managing multiple tasks and supporting multiple stakeholders, and willing to work with a remote team and contribute to a motivating and inspiring team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail.
For further information, please refer to the below full position description.
About the organisation
Enterprise Learning Projects has been supporting the ideation, development and growth of businesses in partnership with remote Aboriginal communities for over ten years. Coming from grassroots micro-enterprise development, we have the experience and understanding to be able identify businesses with potential, we understand the environmental and market factors that lead to success, and we acknowledge the challenges and barriers for remote enterprises and seek to work with communities to overcome these by being creative and adaptive.
We consider ourselves as invested partners, supporting businesses that empower remote communities. We do this by bringing a holistic business support approach to incubation. Rather than operating a ‘program’ for businesses to attend, we build our in-house capabilities to respond to the various needs of remote community businesses.
We identify businesses with potential for growth, and provide long-term support. Our support includes the direct strategic, operational and decision-making input of our in-house team, as well as connections to other incubators, funders, mentors and enablers in our network to give that business the best chance at success. We recognise that to be successful these businesses need community capability and understanding, strong supply chain partners that build resilience, and clear customer knowledge and access to markets that can sustain them.
How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button and send through a one-page cover letter, CV and a brief summary of your work.
Application Closing Date: 1st May
Please quote in application: Marketing & Brand Business Partner via Pro Bono Australia.