About the role
- Lead the implementation of a game-changing early years education model
- Be part of a collaborative, outcomes-focused culture
We believe in setting children up for the best start in life and have created a bespoke, evidence-informed model of early years education and care – that is designed to do just that. Our next step is to implement the model across our growing network of early years centres.
And this is where you will come in.
As Pedagogical Leader you will drive the implementation of the Kids First Early Years Model by supporting our program leaders and educators to understand and embed its practices. Alongside you, a research team will evaluate the model’s effectiveness as we aspire to set a new standard for early years education and care.
You will also:
- Support early years leaders to ensure educators’ work is aligned to Kids First’s values, policies, procedures, and organisational outcomes
- Mentor educators to build and maintain strong relationships with children and families
- Lead the development, documentation, and implementation of education programs through your sound knowledge and understanding of approved learning frameworks that stimulate, engage and enhance children’s learning and development
- Document the effectiveness of the implementation plan and develop a system of monitoring for ongoing phases of the model
- Ensure strong relationships are built and maintained with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
You will bring to this role:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in sessional kindergarten or long daycare where you have effectively coached and mentored educators
- Proven knowledge of the NQF and EYLF and experience in developing and documenting education programs
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement and management
You will be an exceptional people leader with the capability to grow individuals and foster teamwork. And naturally will share Kids First’s values and be passionate about driving positive social impact.
About the organisation
Kids First Australia has been a leading provider of educational, family, and support services for children and families in Melbourne for more than 120 years. With a proud history and a progressive mindset, we deliver innovative and evidence-based services that empower families and children to thrive.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Pedagogical Leader via Pro Bono Australia.