About the role
- Reports to the Senior Solicitor and/or Principal Solicitor
- Full-time Ongoing position (0.8 FTE negotiable)
- Competitive staff benefits
- Footscray based
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is a leading advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum. We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a movement that helps people seeking asylum by providing direct services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services. We campaign and lobby with our sector to drive law reform and policy change.
About The Role
This role will form part of a highly passionate and driven team within the Human Rights Legal Program. It provides a unique opportunity not only to contribute to the provision of high quality legal services to people seeking asylum but to also play a part in training and developing the next generation of human rights lawyers in Australia.
As an experienced and driven Solicitor within the practice of refugee law and with a passion to make a difference to the lives of those seeking asylum you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Current legal practice certificate & migration agent registration
- Ability to train, develop and supervise students and/or volunteers
- Willingness to undertake work offsite in places such as immigration detention centres
- Exceptional time management skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks in an under-resourced environment
Be a part of the change by working with a leading independent non for profit within the Asylum Seeker and Refugee sector. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower those seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the award*:
- Generous Leave (Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%, 12 weeks parental leave after 1 year of service)
- Bonus paid leave at Christmas (at times and dates determined by the ASRC )
- Free onsite parking
- Salary Packaging (up to $15, 899 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2, 000 per year tax free)
- 100 metres from Footscray station and buses
**stated as FTE benefits, where applicable these will be pro-rata for part-time employees
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria:
Only applications that addresses the Selection Criteria within a Covering Letter, includes a CV and three professional referees will be considered.
Applications close Wednesday 27th May 2020
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Solicitor via Pro Bono Australia.