About the role
At a minimum, the successful candidate must possess:
- A valid Diploma qualification in the Community Services (Case Management)
- A current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116.
We are seeking someone with:
- An engaging teaching style.
- A level of technological knowledge in relation to the digital management of student learning. This may be demonstrated through experience with digital learning management systems like Canvas, Blackboard or other bespoke systems.
- The ability to achieve results without the need to be closely managed.
- Experience in relation to the management of time, resources, outcomes and tasks.
- Superior communication and collaboration skills.
- High level customer service skills.
- The ability to tailor contact, learning programs and teaching methods to suit individual students based on their individual needs.
- An understanding of ASQA Standards, trainer requirements and assessment materials compliance.
The role is responsible for:
- Developing and managing an optimal structure for the delivery of Community Services courses.
- Coordinating work placements for students – International and Domestic
- Managing the progression of each student through their enrolled course.
- Assessing and recording student competency in line with the requirements of the training package being assessed.
- Facilitating student progression.
- Ensuring students have the correct information, support, knowledge and expectations of a course.
- Preparing, maintaining, coordinating and evaluating teaching and learning resources.
- Undertaking administrative duties related to the program.
- Diagnosing and managing student learning difficulties.
- Undertaking professional development in relevant industry, vocational, educational or other contexts on a regular basis.
- Contributing to the achievement of the College’s commercial targets.
About the organisation
Key 2 Learning College is an innovative company providing professional consultancy and vocational and non-vocational training. Our aim is to assist others to unlock their potential and develop knowledge and skills in order to enhance both their life and the lives of others.
Our point of difference is our experience in continuous improvement, management and service provision across a range of sectors in aged care, health, disability and community services. We believe consultation and partnership are integral to improved outcomes for all. As professionals, we are committed to developing and delivering a quality product that is outcome focused to meet the needs of:
- Service Recipients
- The Community
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Please quote in application: Trainer and Assessor Diploma of Community Services via Pro Bono Australia.