About the role
We are seeking a Youth Engagement Coordinator who is responsible for collaborating with the 9 RSAs, to ensure that youth in regional Victoria can actively be engaged as designers, deliverers & participants of sport and active recreation programs & opportunities in their communities.
- This is a 12 month position, offering flexibility between .8-1 FTE
- The role is graded as L4-5 on the Social Community Home Care & Disability Services Award (SCHADS)
- Successful applicant can elect to work from either Ballarat, Shepparton or Traralgon
- Applicants with experience in a youth specific setting (not necessarily sport related) are strongly encouraged to apply
Key Result Areas
- Undertake an audit of youth focused programs conducted by all RSAs
- Develop and implement an RSV youth engagement strategy and sample youth engagement and outreach policy
- Promote a youth-led approach amongst RSAs and support this by developing a youth engagement, planning and evaluation toolkit
- Support RSAs to develop skills in working with youth to co-produce programs and activities that will be supported by youth either within their existing work plans or via new funding
- Provide RSAs with one-on-one support, coaching and mentoring on key program development and implementation strategies, including but not limited to:
- Consultation and co-design with young people;
- Marketing and communications strategies to reach young people;
- Providing sport environments that are inclusive and welcoming to young people;
- Accessibility of programs to vulnerable and underrepresented groups
- Work with VicHealth and La Trobe University’s Centre of Sport & Social Impact to understand evaluation findings from VicHealth investments targeting young people and translate these learnings to RSAs.
Partnerships and collaboration
- Identify and establish statewide partnerships with youth focused organisations
- Assist RSAs to broker and maintain relationships with regional specific youth focused organisations.
Support Participation Programs
- Identify participation programs that could be replicated or scaled in other RSAs
- Acting as a central contact for State Sport Associations, assist RSAs to deliver participation programs that will engage less active young people (12-17 years) to become more active.
Support young people to have a voice at the table
- Explore the suitability of a youth advisory committee to inform and educate the work of RSV that has a focus on young people
- Work with all RSAs to identify youth leaders and provide them with opportunities to inform their programming
- Conduct one youth leadership summit for RSA staff under the age of 25.
About the organisation
Regional Sport Victoria (RSV) is the peak body which represents and supports nine (9) independent Regional Sports Assemblies (RSA) across regional Victoria.
RSV exists to help its members to achieve outcomes that promote better, healthier and stronger regional and rural communities by driving participation in sport and active recreation in all of its forms.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.