About the role
- Based in Coburg with outreach within the community
- Full Time, Fixed Term Parental Leave Back Fill (Up to 12 months)
- Friendly, supportive team with flexible working conditions
Your new role
The Home Care Packages Program provides older people who want to stay at home with access to a range of ongoing personal services, support services and clinical care that help them with their day-to-day activities. The program is part of the Australian Government’s continuum of care for older people in Australia, providing services between the Commonwealth Home Support Program and residential aged care.
Following the principles of Consumer-Directed Care and according to the Commonwealth Department of Health program guidelines, the Care Advisor – Home Care Packages is responsible for the provision of advice, support and care coordination to Home Care Packages recipients (Levels 1-4). This includes the development of a client directed care plan, based on assessed need and personal goals, and a package of care that promotes wellness and independence.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for experienced individuals with:
- Appropriate Qualification compliant with Australian Qualifications Framework (e.g. Diploma of Case Management and/or Community Services /Nursing/ or related field, or Tertiary Qualification in a health related field)
- Experience with Case Management, client assessment and care planning, in particular managing a caseload of clients from goal directed care principles and brokerage model of service delivery
- Financial skills to effectively develop and monitor package expenditure for a variety of clients within a framework of consumer directed care and choice supported by program guidelines and quality principles
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Fluency in a second language desirable.
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal. Applications to include a cover letter, resume, and should address the Key Selection Criteria, as outlined on the last page of the Position Description.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Care Advisor - Home Care Packages via Pro Bono Australia.