About the role
The Cancer Council is seeking a high performer to maximise the development and promotion of fundraising programs and projects within the ACT and surrounding region.
As the Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to plan and execute iconic fundraising events including Relay for Life, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and Daffodil Day. You’ll also work with the community to provide support and guidance for community related fundraising activities.
You’ll enjoy the creative side of this position, which has additional scope in enhancing the Cancer Council’s strong social media presence.
You’ll enjoy working with a high performing team of likeminded people.
Working in a brand new modern office space in the heart of Deakin, you’ll enjoy the local coffee cart and close by cafes, while the regular healthy office team lunch every 6 weeks is a great chance to form strong connections while you down tools for an hour.
The Cancer Council offers a mature approach to work life balance, offering flexibility at those times you really need it, while on those occasions you do have to work out of hours, flexibility is offered.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of specific fundraising events, working collaboratively with the other fundraising coordinator and as an active member of the Cancer Council ACT team. Involvement in other fundraising and awareness campaigns also constitutes a part of the role.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating and delivering specific projects, events and campaigns
- Building relationships with donors, hosts and supporters to achieve fundraising objectives
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate event data/records including relevant reports and analytics
- Identifying growth opportunities and contributing to strategic planning for each event/campaign to support fundraising objectives
- Assisting in identifying new fundraising and sponsorship opportunities that will grow income and increase community engagement
- Managing, maintaining and coordinating content for the website and social media.
You pride yourself on strong personal accountability and drive, and you enjoy working autonomously and taking the initiative to deliver results with the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, efficiently and independently.
You have a sense of charity, and the idea of making a difference to people’s lives is very appealing to you.
You are a skilled communicator who can offer big picture thinking. You’ll be willing to roll your sleeves up and pitch in with a range of initiatives run by the Cancer Council including events and other fundraising activities.
The below skills and experience would be highly advantageous:
- Formal qualifications and/or experience in social media marketing, communications or fundraising
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and/or fundraising principles
- Working knowledge of iMIS database or similar
- Understanding of fundraising platforms and HTML principles.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate dependant on experience.
Although there is no onsite parking available there is plenty of free parking in the surrounding area.
About the organisation
The Cancer Council ACT is a non-government, not-for-profit community organisation with a strong commitment to promote a healthier local community by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in the ACT region. They do this through community engagement, promotion of prevention and general support information and cancer research.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10793
Please quote in application: Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.