About the role
Help us design the Ask Izzy Service and uncover the potential for us to create better outcomes for people seeking help.
The Social Inclusion and Digital Innovation (SIDI) team are looking for a Service Designer to lead the design and experience of the Ask Izzy service for help seekers and service providers.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager you will be working alongside Product, UX and Development to design, explore and test help seeker and service provider experiences that will be embedded in Ask Izzy. You will get to know key products that integrate with Ask Izzy such as such as our Service Directory and new platform Referral as a Service.
This senior role will provide you with the opportunity to be both strategic and hands on, and will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of service design streams of product and customer discovery. Design leadership, project management and relationship and stakeholder management are core capabilities of this role.
What you’ll be working on
Infoxchange owns one of Australia’s largest health and welfare service directories. With over 370,000 service across Australia, the directory has long been central to Infoxchange’s business and social impact, acting as a pillar to many of Infoxchange software solutions for the community, and increasing individuals and communities. The directory data powers Ask Izzy, Infoxchange’s award winning website that connects people in need with crucial services, as well as a number of Australian Government directories.
In times of crisis, such as the recent bushfires and the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance of the directory has been highlighted with searches for help rapidly growing to over 300,000 per month from people all across Australia.
Recognising the critical role of the Directory, the Executive Leadership Team with the support of the Infoxchange Board, have made a commitment to invest in the future of the service directory. To bring the future vision of the directory to life, Infoxchange is committed to building the right team to deliver this work.
The service directory product team cross-cuts a number of departments in Infoxchange and includes product and design expertise, technical expertise and importantly, understanding of our users and customers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly formed team at Infoxchange to shape the direction of our social impact, our implementation of emerging technologies and help people across Australia access vital services.
You will be responsible for:
- The user across all stages of product development.
- Working closely with multiple Product teams at Infoxchange to explore the user journey of Help Seekers and Service Providers, and to create solutions that meet their needs.
- Conducting research with customers and users on behalf of Infoxchange to drive new product/service development across key products.
- Coordinating and facilitating workshops internally, with customers and users to determine current state pain-points and determine opportunities.
- Making informed decisions based on user and customer needs in line with technology constraints.
- Developing prototypes through workshops and co-design for testing and validating with users.
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for- profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply
You will have:
Knowledge, experience and skills
To succeed in this role at Infoxchange, you will demonstrate the following:
- Experience as a Service Designer
- Ability to shape and lead strategic, systems thinking based upon insights gathered through various research methods for complex problems
- Experience in facilitating cross-functional and multi-skilled projects and teams with exceptional communication, collaboration, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience leading and designing workshops, recruiting and interviewing research participants within Infoxchange and with our users and customers
- Ability to synthesize research findings to uncover and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design
- Experience developing and testing lo-fi prototypes, service blueprints, customer journeys.
- Enjoy communicating conceptual ideas, research findings and detailed designs across executive stakeholders, project teams and users.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build great relationships and challenge thinking.
- Experience working with vulnerable community members is desirable.
- Passion for social impact and using to skills to solve some of Australia’s most pressing social challenges
We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think online yoga and meditation as well as yearly flu shots). We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button by the closing date. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria in your submission (in the attached position description).
Please quote in application: Lead Service Designer via Pro Bono Australia.