About the role
The IAG team in CBM Australia is providing operational support for the
growing, wider Group. This means we need to adapt, improve and build on
what we already have in order to service a global group of advisors and
associates. We are looking for someone pretty amazing who will:
- match the energy and passion for social justice that drives our fantastic
- bring sound business skills and experience to help realise our vision
- bring a breadth of expertise and international experience to enhance and
improve on what’s already in place, and
- be a great fit with the rest of the team!
Key priorities of the role are as follows:
- lead the program operations team to support the effective, efficient,
accountable and compliant operations of the IAG – Australia and Global
- oversee the IAG’s Australian and international business models to ensure
they are fit for purpose and evolve to achieve financial sustainability
- lead departmental strategy, budget and planning processes
- provide high quality project management to selected IAG projects
- collaborate with CBM Australia and Global business operations/admin
functional areas, and country offices as required
- periodically represent the IAG with external partners including procuring
relevant operational support functions from outside of CBMA
- proactively manage change and risk across the IAG
- ensure direct reports have the resources, training and support required
to meet performance expectations.
The successful candidate will bring the following:
- Significant project and contract management experience
- Experience leading a similar work area in a relevant NGO, manager
contractor and/or donor organisation
- Core skills and/or qualifications in relevant disciplines
- Demonstrated adaptive people management experience
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills demonstrating attention to
detail with the ability to manage time and resources to see projects
through to completion
- Sound analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and interpersonal
- Capacity to manage a complex workload in a team environment
- Commitment to and ability to demonstrate and display CBM Australia’s
values and behaviours
- A willingness to contribute to the growth and development of the IAG
and its work.
About the organisation
CBM Australia is Australia’s only International Development organisation focussed on improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest countries. As a global leader in inclusive development, CBM partners with local organisations to build and promote an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. It does this because it is a Christian organisation committed to ending the cycle of poverty and disability. It does this through field programs, inclusive development advisory, social justice advocacy and fundraising. CBM Australia is key member of the CBM Global network.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Manager – Inclusion Advisory Group via Pro Bono Australia.