About the role
TerraCycle Australia & New Zealand is looking for an energetic public relations professional who can actively promote and raise awareness of TerraCycle in Australia and New Zealand. The role offers the opportunity to join a fun, dynamic and growing team in our Sydney office.
Public Relations (50%)
- Assist to strategise and plan high quality public relations campaigns for TerraCycle, our brand partners, and Loop.
- Write and distribute media releases, and pitch to individual journalists as needed.
- Report results internally and to brands.
- Build relationships with journalists.
- Maintain a register of relevant statistics and information about recycling and reuse to assist PR pitches, and business development and account management teams.
- Grow and engage the network of Community Collection Hubs.
- Write quarterly newsletters for various audiences.
- Devise and create engaging, accurate and relevant content for the blog at least fortnightly.
- Ensure website content is accurate and engaging, and work with Digital Marketing Associate to optimise pages for SEO.
- Assess viability of, attend, and coordinate staffing at events.
- Recommend which awards TerraCycle should apply for, and complete the application/submissions.
- Assist with communication activities around Loop.
- Manage charity listings on website and prepare schedule of charity payments every six months for accountant.
- Provide back-up customer service when Customer Service Associate is unavailable.
- Qualifications in communication.
- Working knowledge of Australian (and ideally New Zealand) media
- At least two years’ experience in a PR role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to a deadline and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be thorough and detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be willing to travel interstate and internationally.
About the organisation
Operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the Idea of Waste®. We are the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as cigarette butts, pens, baby diapers and coffee capsules. TerraCycle works with major FMCG companies to make recycled products, such as the world’s first shampoo bottle made from ocean plastic. More recently, TerraCycle launched the zero-waste retail platform Loop, which was listed as one of the top inventions of 2019 by Times Magazine. In 2019, TerraCycle was also ranked #5 on Fortune’s Change the World list.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Public Relations Associate via Pro Bono Australia.