About the role
- A career within a department striving to achieve the best health, wellbeing and safety of all Victorians
- Work collaboratively with your team to strengthen case practice and to provide effective service delivery
- Highly rewarding career opportunities and ongoing professional development
Being a Child Protection Practitioner means making real change to the lives of our communities most vulnerable children and families. A career in child protection will provide a range of professional pathways that support your personal growth and development.
We offer a supportive team approach, quality supervision with great training and development. We are building an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity of backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of our employees for innovation and delivering services aimed at enhancing the lives of vulnerable Victorians.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for entry level, Advanced and Senior child protection/child and family welfare professionals to join our child protection teams.
Key responsibilities include
- Assessing children and young people who are in need of protection
- Conducting risk assessments and investigations
- Working collaboratively with families, community services organisations and other professionals to develop and implement effective plans for children
- Managing complex cases, problem solving and presenting matters to the Children’s Court of Victoria as required
- Be responsible for supporting and developing Child Protection Practitioners in the integration of theory and practice while demonstrating your expertise through case practice
- Working collaboratively with the Team Manager to strengthen case practice
- Provide effective service delivery and support other practitioners
To be a child protection practitioner you need a current and valid driver’s licence and one of the following: A recognised Social Work degree or a similar welfare or behavioural related degree OR a recognised Diploma of Community Services Work.
Make the decision to pursue a fulfilling professional career and make a difference in vulnerable children’s lives.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please click ‘Apply Now’ for further information about the role descriptions of Child Protection Practitioners at different levels.
Please quote in application: Child Protection Practitioners via Pro Bono Australia.