About the role
We run virtual offices across Australia and as such you can be based anywhere though Melbourne or Sydney preferred for capacity to attend meetings.
Purpose of Role The Partnerships and Business Development Director will be an important member of the executive team as we continue to build a well-resourced, accountable, responsive organization, established as a respected leader in the field of community arts/cultural development and education.
If you feel you meet some of the selection criterion but may need additional support or mentoring in some areas, please apply and we can discuss opportunities in this regard.
- Stewardship and caring for existing relationships with partners and funders
- Building new cross sectoral relationships/partnerships that support the organisations overall strategy
- Engaging with SharingStories’ partner communities across Australia and supporting revenue generation initiatives for community through licensing of project outcomes and educational packages.
- Development/implementation of business and fundraising strategies/activities
- Support Finance and Administration Manager
- Initiate, develop and nurture corporate partnerships
- Collaborate with SharingStories executive, administrative and creative team to support the strategic direction of SharingStories and partner communities.
Candidates must address the following selection criteria by demonstrating their experience as they relate to the above role responsibilities:
- Must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent*
- Committed to supporting First Nations cultural and linguistic continuity
- Excited about partnership building
- Ideally 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to design, plan, implement and track a range of initiatives
- Digital system confidence, ability to use online project management systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, partners and with First Nations community partners
- Experience in developing and managing financial plans and reporting financials to SharingStories Board
- Ability to travel between 4-6 weeks per annum to meetings with partners and team as well as community across Australia. This role will also involve working with SharingStories Jajoo Warngarra (Advisory Council) as required.
- Ability to work with Indigenous People and understand sensitivities regarding Indigenous cultures/protocols
- Ability to take initiative and work independently from a home office or with a team as required
*This organization considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Straits Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
About the organisation
SharingStories Foundation works with Indigenous communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe partner, SharingStories delivers community driven media and education initiatives that build capacity for cultural continuity, production and distribution or right outcome
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com, using the subject line Partnerships and Business Development Application.
To request a copy of the Position Description or to request a call back for a confidential discussion about this role, please email your request. If you’d like to learn a little more about SharingStories Foundation please have a look at our website on www.sharingstories.org
Applications close November 27th 2020
Please quote in application: Partnerships and Business Development Director via Pro Bono Australia.