About the role
Your new role
The Project Officer – Living Well Ageing Well sits within the Living Well Ageing Well (LWAW) team and actively supports the smooth delivery of an innovative program to strengthen social connectedness and wellbeing and decrease loneliness and social isolation for community members aged 50+.
The position will provide:
- effective and timely administrative support, including promotion and marketing of the program,
- maintaining a database of information and resources,
- rostering program staff and volunteers to individual consumer and group activities, and
- assist in the planning and delivery of educational workshops to the community..
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Qualifications in Administration with experience supporting the delivery of a community based service, OR Certificate IV in Aged Care or Community Development with sound administrative skills.
- Well developed communication skills (verbal and written), including engaging with community members/networks, maintaining and drafting documents and case notes.
- Sound administrative and computer skills, including Publisher, Excel, data entry, and the understanding and application of social media to promote events and information.
- Organisational skills and ability to work to set time frames with demonstrated success in achieving outcomes and targets.
- Capacity to build and maintain effective working relationships with community members, direct support staff and volunteers.
What we offer
The Living Well Ageing Well Team is a small dedicated group of motivated staff passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of older community members. This is a pilot program harnessing innovation and co-design to develop program offerings that are unique and responsive to the needs of people who are socially isolated and/or experiencing loneliness.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal. All applications must include a full resume, including 2 x referees, and a cover letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria as listed on the last page of the position description.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Project Officer- Living Well Ageing Well via Pro Bono Australia.