About the role
Join the Peak membership body for Philanthropy in Australia as our State Manager SA. You will support development of current SA members and grow SA’s prospective philanthropic community to advance their practice of philanthropy.
Applying your key relationships experience, you will be responsible for developing current SA members and for membership growth from the prospective philanthropic community, which includes private, community and corporate foundations, advisors and for-purpose organisations.
You will ensure philanthropy practitioner members are engaged and supported by providing the tools and connections through networks, professional development and informative communications, to be more effective in developing more and better philanthropy.
You will participate in the development and delivery of Philanthropy Australia’s membership strategy and operational plans as a key member of the national membership team. This is a part-time role, FTE 0.5 worked flexibly.
- You can bring strong networks and knowledge of philanthropic and community sectors, including Private and Public Ancillary Funds and advisors.
- You will demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills; including strategic thinking, ability to inspire others, positive interaction and effective problem solving.
- You have developed excellent stakeholder management, with a focus on member relations as well as Board, staff, key state partners and other collaborators.
- You have excellent written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- You have research and analysis skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- You have a proven ability to prioritise a high workload and juggle competing demands.
- Finally, you are a motivated self-starter with senior experience, including the ability to work remotely, as part of a small national team.
About the organisation
Philanthropy Australia is the national peak body for philanthropy. We are an independent organisation of trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our membership.
Our purpose is to serve the philanthropic community to achieve more and better philanthropy. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and our members are proud to leverage their wealth and influence to create social change.
We do this through:
- Collaboration – helping our stakeholder groups grow philanthropy together;
- Connections – enabling the sharing of knowledge, innovation and research; and
- Capability – enhancing the skills of the philanthropic sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: State Manager SA via Pro Bono Australia.