About the role
The Donor Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the stewardship of FRRR’s Individual donors.
You will be responsible for refreshing, improving and maintaining FRRR’s fundraising strategy as it relates to our valued Individual donors – ensuring they are appropriately thanked and recognised, communicated with, and reported to. This role will encompass individual donor appeals, regular and workplace giving, community fundraising and management of living gifts and gifts-in-wills. In so doing, the role will support the fundraising of all of FRRR’s collaboratively funded programs, encompassing core grant programs such as Strengthening Rural Communities, Back To School, Tackling Tough Times Together, and the FRRR ABC Youth Innovation Grants program, in addition to FRRR’s Grant Corpuses such as the Disaster Resilience and Recovery Fund.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
As a key role in the organisation, the Donor Engagement Coordinator must also seek out opportunities to understand the needs and opportunities in rural, regional and remote Australia to inform our programs and services, ensure effectiveness and deliver programs that are innovative and relevant and that meet identified needs and will achieve positive impact.
About the organisation
FRRR is a national charitable foundation focussed on increasing equity of opportunity in rural, regional, and remote Australia. It adopts a partnership and leverage model of philanthropy which harnesses the collective resources of philanthropy, business, and governments to support rural communities to be vibrant, adaptive, and sustainable. Established in 2000, FRRR has distributed more than $115m to over 11,000 projects across Australia to date.
Our strategy is focussed on improving outcomes in the areas of PEOPLE, PLACE, & DISASTER RESILIENCE AND CLIMATE SOLUTIONS. FRRR believes that targeted philanthropic investment and collaboration in these areas will build more vibrant, sustainable, and adaptive rural, regional, and remote communities - and a more equitable and prosperous Australia as a whole.
FRRR’s principles of engagement are guided by an understanding that rural, regional, and remote (RRR) communities are in a constant cycle of development and adjustment. As such we support community-led approaches that enable them to:
· Seed & Strengthen by enabling RRR communities to support and resource core social and physical infrastructure;
· Adapt & Evolve by building adaptive capacity across communities and enhancing their ability to cope and adjust to disruption; and/or
· Innovate & Renew by supporting communities to test, scale and embed game-changing initiatives.
To achieve this, we:
· Grant & Develop to provide rural, regional, and remote communities with access to grants and capacity building resources and support to address inequity and create opportunities;
· Leverage & Broker to harness FRRR's tax status, knowledge, and networks to support innovation, self-generation, and unlock more giving to address rural, regional, and remote community needs; and
· Connect Insights & Learning for policymakers, communities, and funders to connect them with ideas, knowledge and lived experience to influence more targeted and relevant support for rural, regional, and remote communities.
Our core values centre around collaboration and constant improvement. We have created a dynamic, flexible, and supportive work environment. FRRR is an Equal Opportunity employer.
FRRR is committed to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of all employees. To achieve this FRRR strives to ensure that employees are not required or permitted to undertake work for which they are not suited and we take appropriate measures to allow work to be done in a manner that will not put any person at risk to their health and safety. As such, new incumbents to this role will be required to complete a Pre-existing Injury Declaration relating to the job requirements.
How to apply
Submit your cv and a cover letter (max 2 pages) that tells us of your interest in FRRR and the role, and details how your attributes respond to the Key Results Areas indicated in the PD.
Please quote in application: FRRR Donor Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.