About the role
Supporter Engagement Manager
Global Interaction exists to empower communities to develop their own distinctive ways of following Jesus. We are an international, intercultural mission organisation of the Australian Baptist movement in which we actively send out Intercultural workers around the world; to live among communities, to build relationships and share the Good news of Jesus.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Supporter Engagement Manager, the location is flexible however our National office is in Hawthorn. This is a 2-year term contract role with the possibility of an extension on the completion of the 2nd year, the role will be part time, 4 days per week and allows for some flexibility with regard to the days, in which the role is performed. Please note, initially this role is to be based from home under the current government restrictions which may depend on your state of residence.
The requirements of the role will play a key part in our exciting, yet challenging change journey. This position will suit a person who is passionate about not for profit and fundraising and understands how to identify, attract, nurture, and retain supporter relationships. The role-holder is part of a national team yet is a sole member focusing on supporter engagement. Therefore, the team member will operate at both a strategic and operational level.
Your outstanding communication and self-motivational skills are a vital part of this role; along with an understanding of who we are and what our Mission is. These are key requirements to secure this excellent opportunity to work within a team of people who are dedicated to the support of our organisation’s vision and teams across the globe.
- Evaluate current supporter engagement practices, design improvement strategies, and implement changes
- Develop and execute a major-gift supporter strategy
- Work with a team of state leaders to grow relationships with key supporters
- Keep abreast of fundraising and supporter engagement trends in the Christian not-for-profit sector and recommend appropriate practices
- Utilise data segmentation to make evidence-based choices around and strategies
- Create, analyse, and communicate data-driven reports to evaluate effectiveness of strategies
- Develop approaches to identify and cultivate potential bequest supporters
- Maintain data integrity, including tracking supporter engagement and entering supporter data
- May manage one or two volunteers who provide administrative and data entry support
- Work with others to identify appropriate projects and proactively pitch these ideas and programs to philanthropic funders and key churches.
Key Selection Criteria
- Alignment with our vision, mission, and values
- A strong team player and people person
- A strategic thinker, able to prioritise and plan tasks
- Able to manage multiple projects, highly organised
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal Preferred
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or philanthropic organisation
- Experience working with a CRM database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Completion of a Fundraising Institute of Australia course (or equivalent)
About the organisation
For more information on Global Interaction, please visit our website @ www.globalinteraction.org.au
Global Interaction is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection from abuse and exploitation. All potential employees and volunteers are required to comply with the Global Interaction Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to provide a WWCC and undergo a police and background check.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Supporter Engagement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.