About the role
We are seeking a Team Leader as part of the Direct Service team which provides high quality services in the form of counselling, advocacy, family support, group work, psycho-education, information sessions and complementary therapies work. The team leader, as part of the leadership team, is responsible for managing and developing a team of Counsellor Advocates and the delivery of high quality services for children and young people in line with VFST’s Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model.
- Do you have expertise and knowledge in child development, trauma and its impact upon children, young people and families?
- Are you skilled and experienced in working therapeutically with children and young people who have experienced trauma and have difficulties as a result of these experiences?
- Do you have experience and a desire to support and manage the work and development of a multidisciplinary team to deliver services to children and young people who are experiencing psychological distress and /or mental health difficulties?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style?
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives and human rights of children, young people and their families of refugee and asylum seeker background in their experience of resettlement in Australia?
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $104, 510 per annum. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, and a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, and excellent training, support and development opportunities.
Conditional employment requirements:
- Satisfactory National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
About the organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Children, youth and family via Pro Bono Australia.