About the role
Encircle Ltd is looking for a CEO who is passionate about working with diverse communities and shares Encircle’s values, vision, and purpose. As CEO you will:
- Lead a committed team to provide effective, quality services to the community, demonstrate a strong commitment to social justice, and work collaboratively to shape Encircle’s future direction.
- With knowledge and an ethical approach, integrity and honesty, ensure the organisation meets its legislative and financial requirements, manages risks and responds to the community.
- Be transparent and accountable to the Board of Directors, providing timely and quality advice in accordance with the Governance Charter and Encircle Constitution
- Demonstrate leadership, direction and support to staff and volunteers, building a strong team culture, and overseeing a welcoming culture to our diverse community.
- Demonstrate significant senior management experience in the community services sector and with a Board of Directors. Working sensitively with and responding to all community members, is essential.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications in the social sciences, community services or management
- Foster quality, collaborative and professional working relationships within the organisation and externally.
- Provide strategic leadership that reinforces Encircle’s vision, purpose, values and sound management practices.
- Provide accurate advice to the Board to support effective governance and meet quality outcomes for the community.
- Promote a caring, welcoming and inclusive organisational culture that supports a sense of belonging.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational, interpersonal and people management skills and support professional development of staff.
- Lead stakeholder engagement, negotiation and business development activities to broker opportunities that support Encircle’s strategic direction toward being a sustainable, impactful and community responsive organisation.
- Manage and report on budgets and provide strategic thinking for successful tendering to support current and future financial sustainability.
- Work collaboratively with external partners and stakeholders to maintain high-quality and responsive levels of service and sustain and develop Encircle’s reputation and role in the life of the community.
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas, are flexible and responsive and are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join with and work collaboratively to shape the future direction of a leading community organisation in the Greater Brisbane area, please read the attached Position Description and Strategic Plan.
For further enquiries, please contact Co-Chairpersons Laurelle Muir (0418196003) or Mike McFillen (0438386143).
About the organisation
Encircle Ltd is a not-for-profit community owned and operated organization for individuals and families in the greater North Brisbane area. We support these communities through our neighbourhood centres in Pine Rivers, Redcliffe and Kallangur, as well as through the Pine Rivers Community Legal Service and the Young Parents Program operating from Kedron. Encircle Ltd Identifies and responds to local community needs and offers a flexible range of support services, activities and opportunities within a safe and welcoming environment. Encircle Ltd is focused on early intervention and prevention strategies and encourages community participation with a strong volunteering philosophy.
Encircle has been in operation since 1987 when the organisation worked from a house provided by the local council. We are committed to developing programs and services that support the wellbeing of community members, to encourage and enable community participation, and respond to identified community issues and needs. Encircle now operates across 6 sites – Lawnton, Strathpine, Kallangur, Redcliffe, Kedron and Zillmere. We employ over 50 staff and have approximately 300 volunteers. Our programs and activities demonstrate a wide variety of integrated options for people in our region.
The operations of Encircle Ltd are informed and guided by its mission statement, Practice Framework Policy and organisational policies and procedures. The Board and staff take an active role in organisational planning and development. Encircle Ltd also provides opportunities for flexible working arrangements.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports to the Encircle Ltd Board of Directors working closely with the Board’s Executive members and the Senior Management Team. This position is based at the Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre, 865 Gympie Rd, Lawnton. The CEO will be required to travel to other Encircle sites as necessary.
Encircle is a Company limited by guarantee, governed by a voluntary Board of Directors who are fully committed to working with communities across the Moreton Bay and Northern Brisbane region. For more information please refer to https://encircle.org.au/.
How to apply
Applications are to address the selection criteria.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.