About the role
Leadership role within Family Advocacy. We are on the hunt for an exceptional leader to oversee the work and direction of our initiative, Resourcing Inclusive Communities.
- Senior leadership role within a driven, passionate and caring culture
- Flexible, supportive and values-based workplace
- Travel across New South Wales and interstate
We are seeking a unique person who is passionate about being part of the solution to create social change. Are you eager to lead a great initiative that works towards creating social change to enable authentic community inclusion of people with disability?
If you are a passionate and committed leader with demonstrated knowledge of contemporary and innovative practices that support the inclusion of people with disability, and hold strong leadership and project management skills, then consider this senior role.
This exciting role will have the opportunity to create long term impacts on the lives of people with disability.
Current projects within the initiative are:
- School to Work consortium project, focusing on increasing the employment of young people with disability whilst at school and post school.
- Inclusive Lives, Possibility to Reality, focusing on capacity building that leads to authentic inclusion.
- My Home, My Design consortium project, supporting typical arrangements for people with disability in creating a home.
- Individualised Living Options consortium project, supporting people to establish a clear vision and funding to realise a community based individualised living arrangement (starting soon).
All projects have a common theme of building the skills, knowledge and confidence of people with disability and families in utilising contemporary arrangements that support an inclusive life embedded in community.
These projects will involve managing the deliverables in collaboration with other members of the consortiums or internally. This will require knowledge, passion and commitment, leadership and networking skills, project management experience and relationship building capabilities.
This is both a leadership role and a hands-on role and will require the successful candidate to be a leader and a doer.
We are seeking a passionate person with strong shared values base and commitment to working with families, preferably with lived experience in supporting these models in their day to day lives.
What you will be doing
- Leadership and project oversight
- Building the reputation and presence of Resourcing Inclusive Communities
- Building and managing relationships with stakeholders, and expanding reach across the state
- Developing and overseeing content development for events and other platforms
- Promoting, presenting and facilitating webinars, workshops and conferences across NSW
- Staff supervision.
Essential Criteria (applications must address each criteria)
- Commitment to the full inclusion of people with disability
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary and innovative practice models for people with disability that support inclusion
- Knowledge of employment models that support real jobs and real pay for people with disability
- Experience leading an organisation or large project to success
- Project management experience
- Experience in organising, promoting and facilitating workshops, including developing and presenting workshop content
- Experience in building relationships with varying stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability of working with families
- Experience with report and grant writing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience with a range of software applications
- Capacity to travel around NSW and interstate
- Capacity to occasionally work weekends and evenings.
- Lived experience of disability
- Exposure to Social Role Valorisation
Based: Hornsby Hours: 38 per week Commencement: Immediately
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010, Level 5-6 (depending on experience) with salary packaging available on request.
About the organisation
Family Advocacy is a state wide, not for profit disability advocacy organisation that works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people who have developmental disability. This is achieved by strengthening the advocacy role and influence of families so that they can speak out with, and on behalf of their own family member, or for people with developmental disability more broadly.
This Management role will carry out the responsibilities of the position in accordance with the philosophy, policy and practices laid down by the Management Committee and in a way which reflects the cultural diversity of the Australian population.
Resourcing Inclusive Communities
Resourcing Inclusive Communities is an initiative of Family Advocacy and works across NSW. We hold the philosophy that people with disability thrive in the heart of the community, sharing the same everyday experiences as their fellow Australians.
We share our vision of social inclusion with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). One of the eight guiding principles of the CRPD outlines that all people with disability have the right to experience full and effective participation and inclusion in society. Resourcing Inclusive Communities works with many allies in the community to support this vision.
We provide information through our online platforms, through events such as webinars, workshops and conferences, we design tailored training, mentoring and supports for external services, develop extensive resources and have a 1800 number that provides support across NSW. We support positive change that enables and supports inclusion through working closely with people with disability, their family members, service providers, mainstream services, businesses and the broader community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager-Resourcing Inclusive Communities via Pro Bono Australia.