About the role
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Live and work local – based in Toowoomba
We are seeking to appoint an Area Manager to strategically lead and drive the delivery of the LAC PITC Program in the Service Area. The Area Manager, NDIS LAC PITC will work closely with the Regional Manager, NDIS LAC PITC, General Manager, NDIS LAC PITC and other Area Managers to ensure cohesive and consistent service delivery across all interconnecting aspects of Carers Queensland’s business activities. The Area Manager, NDIS LAC PITC will ensure the exceptional performance
of this program, and that all NDIS Services Grant Agreement, contractual, quality, statutory and legislative requirements are met for the Service Area.
- Qualifications in Management, Human Resources, Quality, Business
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing & leading complex
multidisciplinary disability (or related) service teams
Experience in monitoring quality & compliance within a community
- Experience working with, or a sound understanding of people with
disability, carers, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, and
people from culturally diverse communities
- Demonstrated ability to manage services within a community-based
organisation, including the ability to develop and implement policies,
processes and systems that support high quality, person-centred,
flexible service delivery
- Demonstrated leadership and staff management skills including the
ability to lead staff through change process, to provide mentoring,
guidance, performance management and appropriate training
- High-level communication skills (both written & verbal) and the ability
to build rapport and adapt skills according to the audience or target
- Excellent decision-making skills including the ability to analyse needs
and measure risk
- Current Queensland open driving licence and a willingness to
undertake regular travel as required
- References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation
- Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Police
Check, Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children
Check prior to commencement.
What’s on offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all. You will be provided with opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive remuneration package of CSW8.1 $106,495.07 plus super
with excellent tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued
About the organisation
Carers Queensland is the peak body representing carers throughout Queensland. They are proud to be Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community Program in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency and they seek to employ suitably qualified & experienced staff to assist people with disability, their families and carers to exercise choice and build a positive life in the Sunshine Coast Service Delivery Area.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Area Manager NDIS LAC PITC via Pro Bono Australia.