About the role
- Are you an experienced financial professional seeking a hands on leadership role?
- Join an established financial institution working to benefit local communities!
- Enjoy an attractive salary circa $180,000 with salary packaging and benefits commensurate with an Executive position of this level!
About the Opportunity
Warwick Credit Union now have an exciting Executive opportunity for a hands-on Chief Financial Officer to join their team in Warwick, QLD. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be primarily responsible for the Management and ongoing Strategic Development of the Financial / Capital requirements of the Institution, with emphasis on financial information, forecasting and reporting. More specifically, your day-to-day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Lead and work with a small team comprised of a regulatory accountant, payroll officer and accounts officer;
- Oversee treasury functions including investing and risk management;
- Work with vendors and other stakeholders in relation to technology, systems and processes;
- End of month reporting and forecasts; and
- Attendance at board and committee meetings, and the occasional public event.
Click here to view the full position description.
Who Are We Looking For?
To be considered for this role, you must have a tertiary qualification in accounting/commerce and be a chartered accountant or certified practising accountant. Ideally, you will have significant experience within the Credit Union or Member Owned sector. You will need to have a strong background in financial reporting relating to capital, stock and flow of assets and liabilities as well as the ability and willingness to be hands on when necessary. A natural problem solver, the successful candidate will also need to be a confident communicator with patience and empathy when working with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
Why Join Us?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader in the financial space, or those with significant experience looking to move into a senior position! On offer is an attractive salary circa $180,000 including salary packaging and other benefits.
Keen to join an established, community-owned financial institution? Apply Now!
About the organisation
Formed in 1970, Warwick Credit Union is a community-owned financial institution with an excellent reputation throughout the Credit Union industry and the local region. Supporting local towns and communities is an integral part of their philosophy. Focusing on each and every client’s individual financial needs is key to their success.
Warwick Credit Union’s branch network has grown to span across Warwick, Killarney, Allora, Inglewood, Dalby and Gympie, encompassing over 10,000 members and 40 employees.
How to apply
To view more details and to apply:
Please quote in application: Chief Financial Officer via Pro Bono Australia.