About the role
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity in Australia that works solely to support the children and families of people involved in the criminal justice system. We provide a range of social support, family, and educational services across the ACT, NSW, QLD, Victoria, and we will be launching soon in WA!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled person to drive people, culture, and compliance initiatives.
Your New Role
As a key member of the Executive Team, the People & Culture Manager leads strategy and practices that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity, and wellbeing. You will be working closely across the business to roll out a future-focused rollout of mentoring, casework, positive parenting, supported transport, educational, clinical, carer support, and indigenous programs.
What you need to succeed
Strategy & Leadership
- Well rounded HR expertise ideally within a social justice or child services setting
- Providing industry best practice advice and modelling outstanding professional behaviour
- Existing affiliations with relevant community-based networks
- A clear Criminal Record and Working With Children’s Check
- A current driver’s licence and willingness to travel if required
Recruitment, Training & Development
- Steering workforce planning via an attractive Employee Value Proposition
- Organisational development and culture: inductions, performance, and training initiatives
- Partnering with managers to assess training needs and scheduling upskilling programs
- Supplying educational materials: workshop booklets, manuals, staff handbooks, and report
- Maximising leadership capabilities by embedding a coaching culture of support
Renumeration & Benefits
- Obtain cost-effective, employee-serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment
- Developing remuneration, salary structure, pay policies, and variable pay systems
Employee Relations & Legal Compliance
- Implements reporting compliance systems that cover all government and labour legalities
- Promotes and facilitates mandatory reporting of suspicious or alleged child welfare abuse
- Maintaining Criminal Register Check and Working with Children Check clearance register
- Conducting employee reference, identity, qualification, and professional registration checks
- Drives Work Health & Safety policies, documents hazards, and takes swift corrective actions
What you will receive
- A supportive environment that is committed to excellence
- The option to work partially from the office and from home
- 6-figure salary package plus not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
- Tools of the trade: phone, laptop, and access to a fleet vehicle
What you need to do now
Please apply now without delay by sending your updated resume and optional cover letter. Your point of contact for this position is our Recruitment Business Partner, Niki De Zilva, who can be reached on 0434342912.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 3 business days to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: People & Culture Manager via Pro Bono Australia.