About the role
We are looking for someone who understands how deeply God cares for the poor, and has vision for the global and Australian Church to be central in taking action and expressing that care. The strategic Church lead and manager for the Sydney team designs national strategy for partnering with, equipping and enabling our Church neighbours for greatest impact for those in poverty. Compassion Australia has set an ambitious four-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Achieving this strategy asks for new and innovative ways to form partnerships and we are seeking the right leader to take this work forward with excellence.
About the Role
They key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure best practice and strategies are developed, communicated and implemented for Church partnerships as part of Compassion’s wider strategic intent.
- Ensure consistency & accountability on delivery of practice methods in line with national strategy
- Develops KPIS for Church partner engagement
- Develop, monitor and manage Church donor segment & local area expense and income budgets
- Actively manage financial performance
- Monitor performance of those in Church donor group and creatively problem solve with line managers
- Monitor and manage performance of team through regular team and 1-1 meetings
- Develop local team through training, coaching and mentoring to ensure all employees are appropriately skilled and possess strong program and promotional knowledge
We are looking for someone that:
- Loves the Church and has an extensive understanding and exposure across various denominations and different states across Australia
- A demonstrated capacity to provide strategic leadership to a high performing team
- Highly developed people management skills including the ability to coach and manage performance
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new partnerships and strategic relationships and develop appropriate plans for implementation by team
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Management or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management, planning and budgeting processes
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development and implementation
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference. To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial chat.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
Applications will close on 14th April 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Strategic Church Lead and Sydney Manager via Pro Bono Australia.