About the role
Teach For Australia would like to acknowledge the many Traditional Custodians of the lands throughout Australia. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging, for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hopes of Australia’s first peoples.
- Opportunity to work with an engaged community of educators – working to close the education gap
- Flexible work practices, including the option to work from home
- Allowance and time off work for professional development
- Join us in our commitment and vision for Reconciliation, in a space where we learn and grow together
As a Teaching and Leadership Adviser, you play the integral role of supporting, coaching and developing Teach For Australia Associates to become effective teachers and leaders committed to addressing educational disadvantage. This role collaborates across various functions to contribute to the design and delivery of the regional professional development for our Associates. The role also works with a wide range of external stakeholders in order to provide cohesive, holistic support for Associates.
Note: The position will require travel to regional Victoria, in addition to servicing some metropolitan schools. Candidates based in Victoria, but are willing and able to travel, are encouraged to apply.
- Have a recognised teaching qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience
- Experience in coaching others to success
- Understanding of adult learning, particularly flexible dual mode/online
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Full driver’s license and willingness to travel as required to fulfil the duties of the role
Teach For Australia welcomes applicants of all backgrounds to apply, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the organisation
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) team are responsible for developing Associates to be effective teachers and leaders, working closely with key stakeholders to lead the delivery and implementation of the LDP in each partner State and Territory.
How to apply
- Apply here by 11:59pm on Wednesday 14 April 2021, and
- Email your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Application: Teaching and Leadership Adviser (VIC)” (ensure your CV is clearly labelled with your full name.)
All enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you must have the appropriate right to work in Australia in order to be eligible for this role. For more information about Teach For Australia and its impact on educational disadvantage, please visit https://www.teachforaustralia.org/.
Please quote in application: Teaching and Leadership Adviser (VIC) via Pro Bono Australia.