About the role
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Due to recent growth in our Federal programs area, Settlement Services International currently have a number of roles available across Sydney in Disability Employment Services, ParentsNext and jobactive.
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The focus of this role is to assess the needs of clients with a permanent disability, injury or health condition and provide a broad range of services to assist them to gain and maintain sustainable employment.
- Identifying suitable employment Pathways in collaboration with the client, identifying a strategy for addressing challenges and barriers to employment as agreed with the participant, performing a Skill Gap analysis and regular communication with clients in both pre- and post-placement phases
- Process the different agreements like Wage Subsidy Agreement, Relocation Agreements etc. Conduct Risk Assessments and other necessary checks before placing clients in various activities.
- Providing pre-employment support including resume development and job search assistance, interview support, referrals to education, training and certification opportunities, and referrals to work placement and experience programs.
- Deliver Disability Employment Service according to contractual obligations, policies, procedure, guidelines and National Disability Standards. Promote DES services and raise disability awareness and inclusion.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferably in the disability employment services
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Resilient attitude and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A valid driver’s license and car
If you have previously worked with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and you possess an approachable nature coupled with strong communication skills this will be an advantage.
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Currently working from home with a blended approach to returning to the office in March, where we will continue to promote work/life balance;
- Industry-leading flexible work policy, including 9 day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Please ensure a detailed cover letter and your resume is attached to your application.
All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Please quote in application: DES Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.