About the role
Philanthropy Manager (Maternity Cover) – Australian Brandenburg Orchestra
The Brandenburg is looking to appoint a Philanthropy Manager for a maternity cover period (term of contract between nine and twelve months) to join its Development department. This position reports to the Head of Development on a day-to-day basis and to the Managing Director as required.
The Philanthropy Manager oversees all activities in relation to philanthropy and fundraising in order to achieve financial targets. This role is responsible for the administration, management and stewardship of donors for annual giving, major gifts, philanthropic programs and the Brandenburg Foundation, as well as bequests. It is also responsible for the management of fundraising and cultivation events. There is an emphasis on developing and maintaining relationships with key donors (including trusts and foundations), as well as working with internal Artistic, Marketing and Ticketing teams to deliver effective philanthropic campaigns and events.
The successful candidate will have strong people and relationship management skills coupled with great organisational and creative thinking skills. They will have a pro-active approach and work with efficiency in what is a key role for the company. They will be a collaborator, working effectively across different functions within the company to deliver on development strategy and priorities. They will be an ambassador for the brand and be an exceptional ‘host’, whether at major gala events, concerts, smaller scale events and in their day-to-day role, ensuring our supporters and patrons are offered a world-class Brandenburg experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Patron engagement – positive stewardship of philanthropic supporters to the company and ensuring strong communication to patrons regarding company activities;
- Annual Giving – managing all aspects of the annual giving program including mid and end-of-year donation campaigns;
- Major Gifts and Philanthropic Programs – management of philanthropic programs including Chairman’s 11 and Orchestral Chairs and cultivation and stewardship of donors considering major gifts, including bequests;
- Fundraising and development events – working with the head of department and team to ensure appropriate planning and delivery of events;
- Trusts and Foundations – identifying and seeking support from philanthropic trusts and foundations and ensuring strong positive relationships with these organisations;
- Overseeing processes and tasks for philanthropy including ensuring timely and accurate processing of donations, acknowledgements, marketing materials, appropriate management of CRM (tessitura) records and overall administration for the area.
- Providing accurate and timely reporting for the Philanthropy area.
About the organisation
The Australian Brandenburg Orchestra celebrates music of the baroque period (16th, 17th and 18th centuries) and showcases Australia’s finest baroque musicians performing on period instruments. With a program that presents world-renowned guest artists from Australia and abroad, led by charismatic Artistic Director Paul Dyer, the Brandenburg are known for their expressive, joyful performance style. The Brandenburg presents six concert series a year across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane along with regional and national tours.
How to apply
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role, along with your CV, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of Development) by 9am, Monday 19 April 2021.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager (Maternity Cover) via Pro Bono Australia.