About the role
- Join our large, vibrant, cohesive team
- Full time supervisory role based in Pymble, NSW
- $41.89 per hour + Superannuation + Salary Packaging benefits
About this opportunity
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. This includes supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), icare and other programs. These services provide a wide variety of care and support services to Australians
with disability as well as their families and carers. As a CDS Team Leader, you will provide day-to-day management and support to our frontline workers and play a lead role in designing and delivering innovative support structures for our frontline workers. You will implement group supervision models and manage training opportunities. From time to time you may also provide a component of 1:1 support to participants, where appropriate to support the development of our workforce. Developing and maintaining a close connection between our workforce and broader CDS team and organisation will also be a key component of this role.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Disability, Mental Health, Individual Support, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Experience in a leadership role and direct service delivery will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Can do attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with disability and/or mental health concerns and their supports in a recovery or community inclusion context
- A current valid Driver’s Licence and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Certificate of Completion – NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- NSW – NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/ndisws
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognized organization with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development. Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
About the organisation
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Disability and Mental Health Services via Pro Bono Australia.