About the role
- Permanent ongoing role at SCHADS Level 7 with access to industry leading employment benefits and NFP salary Packaging
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- 3 x Positions Available – Box Hill, Inner East
- Full time hours (38 hours per week)
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO)
- A committed specialist family violence practitioner with experience working with highly sensitive and complex family violence cases?
- Experienced in managing, supporting and developing multi-disciplinary practitioners to work effectively with victim survivors including children, and perpetrators?
- Passionate about service reform, integrated service delivery and improving outcomes for women, children and families?
- A team player, with strong experience managing stakeholder relationships and working in partnership?
The role of The Orange Door is to provide:
- a more visible contact point so that people know where to go for specialist support
- help for people to identify family violence and child and family safety and wellbeing issues
- advice based on contemporary risk assessment tools and guidance and best available information
- specialist support and tailored advice for victims, families and children, and perpetrators
- a strong focus on perpetrator accountability
- connection and coordination of access to support
- an approach across the spectrum of prevention, early intervention and response
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY :
As an EDVOS Team Leader within The Orange Door, you will have experience in people management and provide day-to-day coordination, duty allocation, case consultation and supervision to a team of practitioners responding to incoming referrals. Your role will focus on referrals for victim-survivors of family violence, in the context of the Orange Door’s Integrated Practice Framework. Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the Orange Door, your role will include some direction and supervision to practitioners outside of your specialisation, when appropriate and necessary.
ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS:
With a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology Welfare or a related discipline you will have experience in people management and be able to draw from your knowledge and experience from working in a specialist family violence or social services role. You are an effective communicator, are passionate about driving positive cultural change and are able to work collaboratively and effectively with stakeholders to build and maintain positive partnerships
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
For a copy of the key selection criteria and a full outline of the position please review the position description attached or visit our website at https://www.edvos.org.au/get-involved/ For further information regarding the Team Leader Orange Door please contact Gabrielle Hitch, Program Manager Assessment and Response and Relationship Lead Outer East on (03) 9259 4200. Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Team Leader OD ADS 2121 by COB Tuesday 25th May 2021
EDVOS predominantly employs women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, as per the findings of Equal Opportunity exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. This is due to the specialist nature of the work and the services that EDVOS provides to women and children who are responding to family violence in the community.
EDVOS actively promotes a safe and inclusive workplace where workers are free from discrimination and are afforded dignity and respect. We encourage applications from women of all abilities, as well as from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTI.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation and is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children (including the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children with a disability and children who identify as LGBTI).All appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Orange Door Inner East via Pro Bono Australia.