About the role
- Located in Richmond / Dandenong
- SCHADS Level 4 + EBA benefits including 3% above award payment+ 9.5% Superannuation + Salary packaging
- Join a community-connected NFP enacting positive change at the intersection of family violence and multiculturalism!
InTouch currently has a newly-created opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator (Legal) to join our innovative and driven organisation.
This role will see you working in an integrated model of service delivery working with legal volunteers of inTouch, case managers and its legal team to provide a holistic service to refugee and multicultural background women on their journey to safety.
The successful candidate will be committed to social justice, be cultural competent with a genuine interest in seeking just outcomes for culturally diverse women and their children experiencing a range of legal issues.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role and exercise sensitivity and discretion in undertaking all tasks. We would love to hear from you!
- Advertising and recruiting volunteers to the program;
- Developing, implementing legal clinic operational functions including contributing to:
- Setting up the data base of the volunteers;
- Setting up the orientation program;
- Establish initial volunteer rosters;
- Establish back up process if a volunteer cannot attend;
- Provide assistance to volunteer solicitors to comply with NACLC Guild and legal practice policies;
- Liaise closely with other sections of inTouch in relation to volunteer engagement and staff learning;
- Attend to the sustainability of the volunteer clinics by applying for regular funding opportunities;
- Any other duties directed by the Principal Solicitor.
About the organisation
inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence, provides services, programs and responses to issues of family violence in refugee and multicultural communities. By acknowledging the rights and diverse experiences of our clients, we develop and implement a number of culturally sensitive and holistic models for the provision of services to both victims and perpetrators of family violence. In tackling the issues of family violence, we act on multiple levels – individual, relationship and community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordinator (Legal) via Pro Bono Australia.