About the role
As a lawyer in a team of dedicated lawyers and social workers you will responsible for the core of criminal law work including regular court representation in the Melbourne Magistrates Court.
This is an opportunity to assist vulnerable young people and making a difference to their lives . There will also be opportunity to contribute to law reform and legal education.
Our office is in an Innovation hub with other legal services in Carlton. The salary range for this position is from 5.1 to 5.3 of the SCHCADS Award 2010 ( 5.3 expressed as full-time is $ 86,528 ) . A higher classification & salary may be considered based on the successful applicant’s experience. In addition, generous salary packaging, superannuation & 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata). For job description & how to apply http://youthlaw.asn.au/get-involved/careers/ Applications close 6th May 2021 (5pm)
About the organisation
Youthlaw is a specialist statewide community legal centre in Victoria. Our office is in Carlton in an innovation hub with 2 other legal centres and the Centre For Innovative Justice.
Youthlaw provides legal services targeted at cohorts of young people experiencing disadvantage and vulnerability . We do so through partnerships with organisations and programs already engaged with these cohorts .
Our programs include:
- Outreach at 9 headspace centres and 3 local youth centres
- A leaving care service that assists young people transitioning from care to adulthood utilising over 70 private lawyers.
- Outreach at Frontyard Youth Service, a co-location of youth services for young people at risk of homelessness
- A drop in clinic at our office for screened in young people , with vulnerabilities such as homelessness, substance abuse, mental ill-health .
- A health justice legal service in Ballarat with a lawyer working cosely with health & community workers.
- A student legal service at RMIT
- A family violence service for young people under 25
- A court service ( lawyer & social worker) at Melbourne Children’s Court assisting adolescents using or experiencing violence
- A pre-court adolescent family violence service pilot
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youthlaw Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.