About the role
- Multiple opportunities available to work with Aboriginal communities in a spectacular region!
- Attractive remuneration up to $350,000 inc. super, salary packaging, relocation assistance & more!
- Enjoy 6 weeks of annual leave and explore the magnificent sights of the Kimberley region!
About the Opportunity
Derby Aboriginal Health Service (DAHS) is now seeking a full-time General Practitioner and a Senior Medical Officer to join their team in Derby, WA.
As General Practitioner, reporting to the Senior Medical Officer, you will be responsible for providing clinical care in Derby and surrounding communities, in line with regional best practice guidelines and protocols, and accepted professional standards.
As Senior Medical Officer, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for providing clinical care in Derby and surrounding communities (optional), whilst also managing and mentoring a team of up to 9 General Practitioners.
To learn more about each position, please click ‘Apply Now’.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a genuinely supportive organisation providing important services to empower Aboriginal people.
In return for your hard work and dedication, the successful applicants will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary package of $330,000 for the General Practitioner and $350,000 for the Senior Medical Officer.
This includes access to the following benefits:
- Salary sacrificing up to $30,000;
- $5,000 relocation assistance;
- Accommodation provided (2-3 bedroom house including all utilities paid);
- Internet and phone allowance;
- Vehicle and fuel provided;
- Annual airfare allowance (for the Senior Medical Officer);
- 2 weeks study leave;
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Medical indemnity insurance;
- Workforce incentive scheme of $16,000 – $60,000 per year (click here for more info);
- Rural procedural grant (click here for more info); and
- Rural Health West: Health workforce scholarship scheme – up to $10,000 per year for professional development costs (click here for more info).
To be considered for either position, you must be a Vocationally Registered General Practitioner with demonstrated experience in general practice and eligibility for registration as a medical practitioner in WA.
For the Senior Medical Officer position, ideally you will have experience working at a senior management level, however this is not essential as long as working experience can be demonstrated.
It is also essential that you are able to demonstrate knowledge of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS), Aboriginal culture and the relevant issues facing these groups.
Please note: You will be required to complete a Federal Police clearance prior to employment. You must also hold a current, unrestricted Australian driver’s licence.
About Derby Aboriginal Health Service
Derby Aboriginal Health Service (DAHS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS) providing holistic primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Derby and surrounding communities. DAHS provides a wide range of innovative public health programs in addition to direct comprehensive primary health care services. It is required to comply with a number of Service Agreements with Commonwealth and State departments and agencies, and to operate with a number of government and private medical and health delivery organisations.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you want to support the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal people in a vibrant, remote community — Apply Now!
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Medical Officer via Pro Bono Australia.