About the role
Permanent Part Time – 21 hours per week (3 days per week) days
- Salary and conditions based on Level 4 of the SCHCADS 2010 pay rates. Starting
salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Supportive and professional team environment
- Staff development & access to training opportunities
- Work in the Greenacre CBD
- Paid Christmas leave
- On site car park
About You – We are looking for an experienced and suitably qualified professional and committed community development worker, with a passion for the community and a strong work ethic, to join our staff team in this dynamic role in a busy community centre. Flexibility to work additional hours or after hours, if required, is essential.
Some of the services offered include:
- Supported Playgroup Program
- School Holiday Activities Program
- Family Empowerment Program (casework/counselling and parenting programs)
- Youth Program
- Educational, social and recreational classes/groups
- Community Events
- Information and Referral
- Drop-in client support
- Work Development Order (WDO) Program
- Food Share Program
- Tertiary Student Placements
- Tax Help Program
- Hall Hire
To engage with the local community, relevant stakeholders and services to address identified needs and issues. To contribute to the implementation of our TEI contractual agreement by supporting or
delivering programs for the target groups including: vulnerable children, young parents, youth, families and their communities including refugees, migrants, CALD communities, social housing tenants, grandparents as carers and other isolated groups. To support and expand the centre’s on-going groups and classes and maintain a strong base for these groups.
- A graduate diploma/degree in Social Work, Social Sciences, Community
Development, Community Welfare
- Demonstrated community development skills
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and developing community groups
Demonstrated experience in establishing and developing community programs
- Proven submission writing skills
- Strong advocacy and networking skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including cross cultural
- Knowledge and awareness of key issues impacting on local disadvantaged
- Experience in meeting and reporting on funding body requirements
- High skill level in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social
- Current NSW drivers licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of the Canterbury Bankstown LGA.
- Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to WWCC checks
About the organisation
Greenacre Area Community Centre (GACC) is a not-for-profit community organisation offering a range of services and programs to the local communities of Greenacre, Chullora, Mt Lewis and the wider Canterbury Bankstown Local Government Area.
GACC has been in operation since 1997. Our work centres around providing community capacity building programs for the whole community, with a particular focus on children, young people, families and socially isolated or disadvantaged communities. GACC has built strong local networks and collaborates with other agencies to increase community access to services.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Development/Engagement Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.