About the role
Reporting to the Executive Manager Partnerships – Corporate and Major Gifts, this exciting role in Melbourne will grow Destiny Rescue’s fundraising efforts in Melbourne and across VIC/TAS. To be successful in this role, you will have a history of delivering outstanding results in fundraising and partnership management and inspiring people to support our work to rescue children trapped in the sex trade. You will be a skilled networker and communicator, both to large groups, in boardrooms and in a one on one situation. The position will be based in Melbourne, with an increased focus on major gift partnerships, although you will also manage and grow a portfolio of Church Partners and have the following responsibilities:
- Develop new partnerships with major givers, churches, businesses and community groups to increase Destiny Rescue’s profile, impact and influence across VIC/TAS.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing Destiny Rescue’s profile and fundraising opportunities in conjunction with the Executive Manager Partnerships across VIC/TAS.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships with major givers, churches, businesses, and community groups.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of expansion strategies for all fundraising opportunities across VIC/TAS.
- Present and speak at corporates, businesses, conferences, churches, and events as required to highlight the work of Destiny Rescue with the aim of engaging new supporters and partners.
We are seeking a dynamic Partnership Manager with a history of delivering outstanding results in fundraising, relationships, corporate, sales, and frontline leadership. To be successful in this role, you will have at least five years of experience in major donor fundraising, with strong networks across the major gift space in Victoria and Tasmania. You’ll be a driven, innovative, and dynamic leader, who is flexible in their communication style but also thrives in a changing environment and is able to pioneer new opportunities across the state. Passion for the cause is essential.
- At least five years of experience in corporate or major donor fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with major donors or churches for fundraising in not-for-profit organisations.
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts from high net worth individuals or corporates
- Exemplary communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of Melbourne and VIC/TAS, with strong existing networks across either corporate or churches.
- Tertiary qualifications in Sales, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce) and processes
- Experience in a relationship building role (e.g. salesperson, customer service, account management)
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Current drivers licence
- Current passport or willingness to secure one
- Ability to identify and utilise new technologies to support relationship management
- Knowledge of the fight against human trafficking and international development.
About the organisation
Destiny Rescue is an internationally recognised, Christian based, non-profit organisation dedicated to rescuing children trapped in the sex trade.
We exist to rescue kids from sex trafficking and exploitation and help them stay free.
We are currently operating various programs in Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, Dominican Republic, Uganda and Nepal (plus 2 undisclosed countries).
Destiny Rescue have offices in three donor nations: Australia, United States and New Zealand.
This is a unique opportunity to utilise your expertise in leadership and corporate partnerships for a cause making significant impact by freeing children from slavery!
How to apply
To apply, please forward a cover letter, answers to the selection criteria and resume to Sharyn Longhurst firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications which include a cover letter addressing the criteria will be considered.
For all enquires please contact:
Destiny Rescue Australia
P: 1300 738 761
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please quote in application: Partnership Manager – Major Gifts (Melbourne, Vic) via Pro Bono Australia.