About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Make a difference in the lives of women and children impacted by family violence
- Permanent part time 3 days per week
- Based at Dandenong
About the opportunity
The Family Violence Services Program provides case management and counselling support to women and children affected by family violence. The program delivers child centered, family focused services and aims to address the impact and well-being for women and children who have experienced family violence.
As a Specialist Family Violence Counsellor, you will provide therapeutic counselling support and facilitate family violence group work for women and children who are referred to the program. The role will also provide specialist consultation to local professionals who refer to the program. The Specialist Family Violence Counsellor will contribute to the development of an integrated approach with other services to ensure positive outcomes for families impacted by family violence.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience delivering counselling services to women and children affected by family violence
- Previous experience in group facilitation
- Sound understanding of the dynamics of family violence and its impact on women and children
- Proven ability work collaboratively with other services and professionals to achieve optimal outcomes for clients
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Sunday 20 June 2021
Get in touch
Maria Gullaci – Team Leader, Family Violence Services
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.