About the role
The Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) has been defending Australia’s oceans and marine life for over 50 years. AMCS is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities. We advocate for change to safeguard our oceans and the wellbeing of all life on our blue planet.
We are looking for a passionate all-round fundraiser who is committed to donor-centric engagement increasing the impact of a highly effective environmental group. If you’re looking for a role in a supportive environment with room to grow, where your skills will be nurtured and developed, then read on.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark and create and coordinate multiple fundraising programs. Use your fundraising skills to make a real difference for Australia’s oceans. We are seeking a donor-centric fundraiser to fill this new role focused on the care and retention of our donors, with an exciting opportunity to develop a community fundraising program and drive the direct mail journey of our fundraising programs.
We’re looking for someone with the follow key skills and experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising or administration in a similar role at a not-for-profit, campaigning or community-based organisation.
- Experience in fundraising copywriting or supporter newsletter copywriting.
- Customer service or donor-centric supporter care experience.
- Experience in high volume data entry with attention to detail and high accuracy.
- Experience using Salesforce, or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM), systems.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Our oceans are in peril, we have a decade to reverse the decline of the state of our marine systems. Oceans and climate change are top of the Australian mindset and the community is ready to see rapid action – now is a great time to join the marine conservation movement and make real and lasting change for our big blue planet.
Please see attached for a full description of the role, selection criteria and application details.
About the organisation
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.