About the role
Box Hill Victoria
37.5 hours per week
Introducing the HR Partnering and Workplace Relations Team
The HR Partnering and Workplace Relations Team is responsible for generalist operational HR activities, business partnering and reporting to ensure alignment with the strategic plan, organisational culture and evolving needs of the business. The team is primarily responsible for the delivery of organisation’s employee relations policies, processes and procedures, and supporting the development and implementation of our strategic workforce planning practices.
A little about the Role
HR Partners (HRP’s) work with the St Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) Group people leaders to ensure alignment between human resources and business needs. This role is both a consultant and coach to the lines of business across the Group. The role will work closely with other HR teams and functions including People Support and Operations, Learning and Development, Diversity and Inclusion as well as other SVDP shared services functions in order to create effective and lasting solutions and best practices to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most valuable asset–it’s people.
The HR Partnering role will implement forward-thinking ideas into the organisation through staying connected to what’s happening with the workforce and its issues, the HR community, the sector, as well as the wider marketplace. Partners will be champions of the paid and unpaid workforce by representing and supporting employees, volunteers and members.
The allocated Partnering portfolio
This role will partner with the SVDP Conferences and Special Works Programs (Soup Van Operations, Education, Call Centre and Nils)
A little bit about you
You are currently working as a HR Partner or Senior HR Adviser. You are an engaging HR professional with significant HR experience, both operational and strategic within a complex environment. You will have extensive employee relations knowledge and are known for being responsive, approachable, empathetic and service oriented, you will confidently build connections with our leaders and create robust working relationships that add value and drive the HR Strategy. Positive impact is what we are all about so if you are someone who has initiative in abundance and a will to help people succeed, then we want you to apply!
As a trusted Partner you seek to:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Design, Develop and innovate future focused and value adding solutions
- Drive a high-performance culture through the implementation of a structured performance management system, which is supported by coaching, ensuring activities are performed in a fair and equitable manner and in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Provide specialist input into business strategies and plans, linking people initiatives to business goals, including guidance and support on employee engagement and change management initiatives
- Identify Workforce Trends and develop actions to mitigate issues Enhance
You will be enthusiastic, highly organized, detail orientated and driven by a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service. You will bring a “hands on” approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on achieving great outcomes for your key stakeholders.
Why work for us? We offer:
- Yes its true… we offer great work hours. Only 37.5 hours a week. Come Friday, we expect you to be out and enjoying your weekend by 4.30. Work life balance is so important to us.
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- We live and breathe our values.
- We are complex in our design which always makes work interesting.
About the organisation
For over 165 years we have been in Victoria assisting people through the challenges of poverty and exclusion address suffering, advocating against inequality and promoting human dignity and self-determination.
Overall, the group of companies of St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria has many arms and services. These include soup vans, education programs, home visitation programs and VincentCare Victoria, which provides a range of services and programs for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage. This includes crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol dependency programs, and housing.
The HR Partnering and Workplace Relations team are responsible for supporting a workforce made up of approximately 12,000 members and volunteers and 780 employees in Victoria. You can find out more about us here: https://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/
How to apply
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 18 July 2019 at 11.30pm
The process will include phone screening, an online psychometric assessment and a panel interview.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Joannah Coetzer, Manager HR Partnering and Workplace Relations on 0419 750 292
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
Please quote in application: HR Partner – HR Partnering and Workplace Relations via Pro Bono Australia.