About the role
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education. The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally the AEU conducts advocacy campaigns and provides industrial and professional support for quality public education.
Benefits & Culture
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
- 15.5% superannuation · 5 weeks annual leave
- Additional 2 weeks leave for Christmas closure
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Southbank location · Free parking
You will provide high-level support to the Federal Professional Officers ensuring that integrity and professionalism is maintained at all times. You will also support the campaigns officer and team arranging campaigns, communications and publications by working with a range of technologies including data bases, websites, social media, word and data-processing.
The role will include being responsible for an internal council, the executive, seminars and conferences including agendas, papers, travel, allowances, catering, minute taking, venue, functions and speakers.
You will have either worked as a senior administrator or personal assistant supporting multiple people ideally within a union, politics, education or similar social change campaigning style organisation, and are committed to unionism and public education.
You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You also have the following;
- Skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and hypertext mark-up language or maybe even audio-visual/video-conferencing experience.
- Experience with data bases and websites to manage campaigns
- Ability to work within the financial accountability structures
- Tertiary Qualifications desirable
If you are committed to unionism and quality public education in Australia, then submit your resume and covering letter responding to the skills required above quoting #779184 or phone Richard Green or Gemma Schade on 03 8080 8977 for further information.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Administration Officer - Campaign Focus via Pro Bono Australia.