About the role
- Based in Ashfield with the opportunity to work from home/remotely
- Full Time-Permanent Role, working 35hrs per week
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
Reporting into the Internal Communications Manager and working as part of the Corporate Affairs and Internal Communication team (within the Advocacy, Research and Communications function), the Communications Officer is responsible for supporting and coordinating the development of a range of content across the internal communications function and the office of the CEO.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies and content for SSI’s internal communications channels, including working closely with internal stakeholders on key projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for the research, writing and editing of SSI’s internal and external newsletters, including distribution, database management and measurement, reporting and identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Develop content for the office of the CEO, including speeches, journal articles, video scripts, blogs, and targeted correspondence with key external stakeholders.
- Amplify content across appropriate internal and external channels including the CEO’s social media channels.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to leverage corporate strategies and announcements across multi-media, digital, video and live stream channels.
- Supporting the delivery of key initiatives including the annual report and Annual General Meeting, Women’s Strategy, with the Advocacy, Research and Communication leads.
- Develop communications collateral including in-language suitable for CALD communities.
SELEC TION CRITERIA
- Relevant degree in communications, journalism or equivalent field
- 3-5 years experience in Communications/Corporate Affairs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to liaise at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
- Basic knowledge of video and image editing techniques and software (InDesign) desired.
- Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft 365 and Mailchimp desired.
- Experience implementing and developing internal and external strategies and channels.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
- Opportunity to work in multiple offices across Sydney
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development