About the role
Reporting to the Executive Manager Partnerships – Corporate and Major Gifts, this exciting, newly created role in QLD will grow Destiny Rescue’s fundraising efforts in Brisbane and across QLD. This role is based from home and we are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to use their unique skill set to make a difference to the lives of children.
To be successful in this role, you will have a history of delivering outstanding results in fundraising and partnership management and inspiring people to support our work to rescue children trapped in the sex trade. You will be a skilled networker and communicator, both to large groups, in boardrooms and in a one on one situation. The position will be based in Brisbane, with an increased focus on corporate and major gift partnerships , although you will also manage and grow a portfolio of Church Partners and has the following responsibilities:
- Develop new partnerships with corporates, major givers, churches, businesses and community groups to increase Destiny Rescue’s profile, impact and influence across QLD.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing Destiny Rescue’s profile and fundraising opportunities in conjunction with the Executive Manager Partnerships across QLD.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships with corporates, major givers, churches, businesses and community groups.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of expansion strategies for all fundraising opportunities across QLD.
- Present and speak at corporates, businesses, conferences, churches and events as required to highlight the work of Destiny Rescue with the aim of engaging new supporters and partners.
We are seeking a dynamic Partnership Manager with a history of delivering outstanding results in fundraising, relationships, corporate, sales, and frontline leadership. To be successful in this role, you will have at least five years of experience in corporate or major donor fundraising, with strong networks across the corporate and major gift space in Brisbane. You’ll be a driven, innovative and dynamic leader, who is flexible in their communication style but also thrives in a changing environment and is able to pioneer new opportunities across the state. Passion for the cause is essential.
- At least five years of experience in corporate or major donor fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with corporates, major donors or churches for fundraising in not-for-profit organisations.
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts from high net worth individuals or corporates
- Exemplary communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of Brisbane and QLD, with strong existing networks across either corporate or churches.
- Tertiary qualifications in Sales, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce) and processes
- Experience in a relationship building role (e.g. salesperson, customer service, account management)
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Current drivers licence
- Current passport or willingness to secure one
- Ability to identify and utilise new technologies to support relationship management
- Knowledge of the fight against human trafficking and international development.
MISCONDUCT DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AND POLICE CHECK
As part of our interview process and in an effort to protect its stakeholders, Destiny Rescue Limited will request a Police Check and information from a job applicant’s previous employers regarding any incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, sexual harassment and child abuse which the applicant may have been found to have committed or about which an investigation was in progress when the applicant’s employment ended. By applying job applicants confirm they have no objection to Destiny Rescue Limited requesting the information specified above.
About the organisation
Destiny Rescue is an internationally recognised Christian based non-profit organisation dedicated to rescuing children trapped in the sex trade.
We exist to rescue kids from sex trafficking and exploitation and help them stay free.
We are currently operating various programs in Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, Dominican Republic, Uganda and Nepal (plus 2 undisclosed countries).
Destiny Rescue have offices in three donor nations: Australia, United States and New Zealand.
This is a unique opportunity to utilise your expertise in leadership and corporate partnerships for a cause making significant impact by freeing children from slavery!
How to apply
To apply, please forward a cover letter, answers to the selection criteria and resume to Sharyn Longhurst email@example.com
Only applications which include a cover letter addressing the criteria will be considered.
For all enquires please contact:
Destiny Rescue Australia
P: 1300 738 761
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Manager (Brisbane, QLD) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #CSR, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Humanitarian, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Religion_and_Religious_Groups