About the role
Reporting to the Executive Manager Partnerships this newly created role in Sydney, NSW will grow Destiny Rescue’s fundraising efforts in Sydney and across NSW. To be successful in this role, you will have a history of delivering outstanding results in fundraising and partnership management and inspiring people to support our work to rescue children trapped in the sex trade. You will be a skilled networker and communicator, both to large groups and in a one on one situation. The position will be based in Sydney, and has the following responsibilities:
- Develop new partnerships with corporates, churches, businesses, supporters, donors, community groups, advocates and ambassadors to increase Destiny Rescue’s profile, impact and influence across Sydney and NSW.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing Destiny Rescue’s profile and fundraising opportunities in conjunction with the Executive Manager Partnerships across Sydney and NSW.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships with corporates, churches, business, supporters, donors, community groups, advocates and ambassadors.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of expansion strategies for all fundraising opportunities across Sydney and NSW.
- Present and speak at conferences, churches and events as required to highlight the work of Destiny Rescue with the aim of engaging new supporters.
We are seeking a dynamic Partnerships Manager with a history of delivering outstanding results in fundraising, relationships, corporate, sales, and frontline leadership. To be successful in this role, you will have at least five years of experience in major donor fundraising, with strong networks across the corporate and church space in Sydney. You’ll be a driven, innovative and dynamic leader, who is flexible in their communication style but also thrives in a changing environment and is able to pioneer new opprtunities across the state. Passion for the cause is essential.
- At least five years of experience in major donor fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with major donors or large organsiations for fundraising in not-for-profit organisations.
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts from high net worth individuals or organisations
- Exemplary communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of Sydney and NSW, with strong existing networks across either corporate or churches.
- Tertiary qualifications in Sales, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce) and processes
- Experience in a relationship building role (e.g. salesperson, customer service, account management)
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Current drivers licence
- Current passport or willingness to secure one
- Abillity to identify and utilise new technologies to support relationship management
- Knowledge of the fight against human trafficking and international development.
About the organisation
Destiny Rescue is an internationally recognised Christian based non-profit organisation dedicated to rescuing children trapped in the sex trade.
Their mission is to rescue children from sexual exploitation and human trafficking and help them stay free.
They are currently operating various programs in Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, Dominican Republic and Nepal (plus 2 undisclosed countries).
Destiny Rescue have offices in three donor nations: United States, Australia and New Zealand.
This is a unique opportunity to utilise your expertise in leadership and corporate partnerships for a cause making significant impact by freeing children from slavery!
How to apply
To apply, please forward a cover letter, answers to the selection criteria and resume via the Apply Now button. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For all enquiries please contact:
Sharyn Longhurst on 1300 738 761 for a confidential career discussion.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Manager (Sydney, NSW) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Religion_and_Religious_Groups