About the role
- Based in Melbourne
- Full-time, 2 Year contract with opportunity for renewal
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous Salary Packaging options
Reporting to the General Manager, Partnerships, the Relationship Manager, Corporate Partners helps to drive the strategic delivery of the corporate partnerships program to support the Baker Institute in our fight against heart disease and diabetes.
The primary purpose of the role is to identify, lead and service corporate partnerships ensuring our partners’ needs are meet and their social goals achieved whilst realising the full potential for revenue, increasing brand awareness and accessing expertise to support the goals of the Baker Institute.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Help drive the corporate partnerships program through research, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to develop funding opportunities that will build successful and sustainable partnerships.
- Monitor partnerships ensuring positive and purposeful activities and stewardship, including evaluation and impact assessment.
- Help to develop and package Baker Institute’s assets to meet corporates’ business, social impact and philanthropy objectives.
- Develop prospecting and stewardship opportunities to acquire and retain corporate partners
- Create compelling presentations, pitches, reports and other types of communication to engage new and existing corporate partners.
- Meet annual revenue targets and other KPI’s for the corporate partnership program
- Monitor and track financial and non-financial performance of corporate partnerships and moves management against targets.
Skills and Experience
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business/management, marketing, fundraising, or a related field
- Significant relevant experience in corporate partnerships or fundraising within a not-for-profit organisation
- Ability to understand corporation’s objectives and goals for partnering with not for profit and manage relationships to achieve this while supporting Baker Institute’s strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, stewardship, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in copywriting, developing pitches and marketing collateral
Working at the Baker Institute offers flexibility, professional development, and the opportunity to contribute to a research centre of world renown. Benefits include generous salary packaging, an employee assistance program, and an active social club as well as modern offices and laboratories adjacent to the Alfred Hospital and walking distance to St Kilda Road, Chapel Street, and Fawkner Park.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
About the organisation
The Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility focused on predicting, preventing and treating cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other related health conditions. They have a long and distinguished history, spanning more than 95 years, with their work critical to today’s healthcare challenges.
How to apply
Applications should quote reference (HR01). To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. For a position description or further information, please visit our website at: https://www.baker.edu.au/career.
We will close this job ad as soon as we have enough applicants so please apply without delay.
The Baker Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage interest from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for roles within the Institute. We value diversity, inclusivity, gender equity and we promote family friendly practises. We are a proud recipient of an inaugural Athena SWAN Bronze Award from Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE).
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
03 8532 1111 or 03 8532 1470
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager, Corporate Partners via Pro Bono Australia.