About the role
- Leadership opportunity based in the thriving Riverland community, Loxton SA.
- Drive and inspire a team of supportive, client-focussed employees within the disability services sector
- Competitive salary + salary packaging available + mobile + vehicle
A rare opportunity for a knowledgeable leader in disability support services to join the highly regarded team at LAAS.
Based in the Riverland town of Loxton, this position presents an exciting opportunity to relocate to the region renowned for its outstanding local schools, hospitals, health services, hotels, sports clubs, and service organisations. With a flourishing retail and business centre, numerous activities and events, you’ll discover an idyllic quality of life in the Riverland. Negotiable relocation expenses and support is also available.
About the Opportunity
As the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) it is your primary responsibility to lead the organisation in the achievement of its strategic goals. This is accomplished through effectively engaging and motivating the small team of 55 passionate and highly skilled staff in pursuit of the vision, driving growth and business performance, whilst anticipating and managing risk.
Reporting to the Board, it is the CEO’s duty to ensure the organisation maintains its well-recognised reputation in the disability sector as being a customer centric service provider.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively communicating the strategy and objectives across the organisation, and reviewing progress against planned milestones
- Ensuring services delivered to customers are of the highest standard, meeting contract requirements and customer expectations
- Achieving financial performance that supports a sustainable business, with operations aligning with the corporate values in a cost-effective manner
- Encouraging a workplace culture driven by the achievement of strategic objectives, and ensuring staff are adequately and appropriately skilled
- Ensuring the organisation is a safe place to work and has a systematic approach to identifying and treating hazards, investigating incidents, and continuously improving performance
You are a recognised leader with the ability to identify opportunities to advance the endeavours of the organisation. Leading a values-based disability service provider you will need to have a sound understanding of the sector, with the ability to apply contemporary theory and practice to the provision of disability services.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven track record of leading, engaging and supporting teams
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to understand and interpret financial information
- Ability to develop strong relationships with management, peers, customers, and other stakeholders
- An empathetic and approachable nature with the demonstrated ability to work with people with disabilities
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing factors, conditions, or environments
- A strong understanding of organisational risk
- A deep knowledge of the disability sector and the NDIS
- Clear understanding of clinical care and service quality
- NDIS Worker Clearance
- Driver’s licence
It would be ideal if you have:
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit/community services sector
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
The complete Job and Person Specification has been made available to download when you click the apply button.
About the organisation
Created by parents of children with disabilities in 1986, LAAS now has over 30 years’ experience in supporting people with intellectual and physical disabilities in the Riverland and Mallee regions. LAAS operates three sites in Loxton, one in Berri and one in Renmark South Australia. A day options program, based out of Loxton, has also been formed. This provides clients with meaningful, developmental day activities and is used by not only clients supported by LAAS in accommodation services, but other individuals living with disabilities across the Riverland. Through their qualified, dedicated, and highly skilled staff, LAAS provides support based on the strengths, abilities, aspirations, and preferences of clients to ensure services are tailored to meet the individual’s needs.
For more information, please visit the LAAS website via the link here: https://laas.com.au/
We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please DO NOT contact them directly.
How to apply
If you have any queries please email humans(at)humanologyrecruit.com.au in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN (1300 248 626).
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. Please do not email your CV. All applications MUST be made online. The position description is also available to download when you click 'apply'.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates (including your junk mail folder). Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.