About the role
EB Research Partnership (Australia) has evolved from a small family-focused charity to a professional organisation taking monumental steps towards their mission of healing EB. To achieve a higher level of market share, the organisation seeks to adopt a new growth strategy focusing on short-term earnings, and importantly long-term.
As part of this growth, EB Research Partnership (Australia) is searching for a General Manager who can work with the Chairperson to drive a new direction to a sustainable business model with a new growth strategy and program developments.
About The Role:
You will lead the organisation and be responsible for safeguarding the overall structure, operations, brand, profitability, and compliance.
A selfless leader with excellent Not for Profit operational skills, leadership, governance with financial skills and capabilities.
With offices located in USA and Australia, you will be a powerful advocate in representing Australia on our mission to heal Epidermolysis Bullosa.
You will be highly visible and an effective link between USA, the Australian Board, Government, industry, academic, health, community, and entertainment sectors.
You will be trustworthy and have a natural ability to form, grow and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
You will be a leader with compassion and determination for the organisation to succeed.
A track record of Not-for-Profit operations management and leadership in a similar position, establishing all the necessary processes and systems that represent best practice in terms of platforms for sustainable growth.
- A passion for EB Research Partnership’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree or relevant certification preferred
- Operated at a senior level in an organisation and possess the strategic capability and operational expertise to drive a leading charity.
- Proven entrepreneurial skills, experience in new business development with a track record in identifying and bringing business opportunities to fruition.
- Demonstrated experience in budgets, financial management, including tenders and contract negotiations and contract management.
- Leadership experience in directing and mentoring teams to be high performing and delivering to the best of their ability.
- Experience in managing all aspects of a small business, growing the business and operating in a fast paced and dynamic business environment.
- The ability to forge external relationships with high-net-worth individuals, government, members, donors and other key players.
- At least five years of experience in fundraising or a related field, preferably in healthcare or children’s cause organizations
- A creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic mindset with the skills and experiences necessary to build upon existing systems and create new ones as needed in order to broaden and improve the development function
- Track record of cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts
Key Knowledge & Skills
- Leadership and Board management experience
- Sophisticated personal presence, superior interpersonal skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence, with a proven ability to successfully engage with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from high-profile and high-net-worth individuals to families who are living with EB
- Medical or scientific research knowledge an advantage
- Experience with CRM databases (Blackbaud Raisers Edge preferred)
- High interest in current affairs and news
- Sound knowledge of demographics and socioeconomics
- Microsoft suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A talent and enthusiasm for public speaking is essential
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your demonstrated Not for Profit senior management expertise to lead EB Research Partnership (Australia) through the next phase of its development. This role offers an established and respected platform for those with a passion to make a positive impact to move the organisation toward autonomy. The measure of success will be the growth and creation of a sustainable organisation consistently delivering on its mission of raising funds to invest into science and medical research and ultimately cure EB.
About the organisation
EB Research Partnership (Australia) is an Australian registered not‐for‐profit organisation that raises funds to invest into science and medical research to cure Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) as quickly and as efficiently as possible. EB is a rare genetic condition that affects children from birth. It attacks the body’s largest organ — skin — and not just the skin we see but also the connective tissue and organs inside the body. It results in wounds that never heal, disfigurement, blisters, bleeding, and ever-present pain. There are only around 1000 sufferers in Australia and 500,000 worldwide.
How to apply
To be considered for this role hit 'Apply Now' and submit your application
EB Research Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, colour, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic.
Please quote in application: General Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Health_–_General, #ResearchMedical_Research