About the role
FPV has a stable and committed Board and, with the end of the tenure of the current Chair after 6 years with FPV, is seeking to appoint a new Independent Chair. The person will have:
- Strong understanding of and demonstrable experience with the fiduciary responsibilities of directors and the special responsibilities of the Chair including mentoring, supporting and working with a CEO.
- Experience in developing the skills, abilities and confidence of fellow Directors.
- An understanding of the health sector and / or the education sector.
- Experience in the not-for-profit / community sector.
- A network supportive of the work FPV does in the community.
Candidates must demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity as well as being:
- Fully supportive of the purpose and activities of FPV.
- Committed to contribute to the ongoing success of the organisation.
- Able to fulfil the fiduciary duties.
- Future oriented, demonstrating vision and foresight.
- Able to provide considered, thoughtful counsel on a broad range of issues.
- Financially literate.
About the organisation
Family Planning Victoria (FPV) is a leading, for purpose, state-wide provider of reproductive and sexual health care, education and advocacy. Governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, we have been providing services in Victoria for over 50 years.
Our focus is the provision of a range of services that are accessible, culturally relevant and responsive to the needs of the diverse Victorian community. These services include clinical care as well as education and training to help build the capacity of educators and health care professionals working in the reproductive and sexual health sector.
For further information please visit www.fpv.org.au to find out more information about Family Planning Victoria.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00pm on Friday 29 October 2021 using the subject line: Board Director Application or Future Board Director (as appropriate) and include:
- A covering letter demonstrating your commitment to our vision, ambition and purpose.
- Your resume
Please quote in application: Independent Board Chair via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Education_and_Training, #Health_–_General